The Student Room Group

Evidence of Estrangement

I applied for Student Finance and my maintenance loan game back as just over £4000, which isn't even enough to cover rent for my first year accommodation. I'm estranged from my biological father - I have been for almost 12 years - and my mother receives absolutely no child support from him. Both my mother and my step-father refused to fill out the form regarding the means testing for additional support, and because the household earns over £100k per year, I feel I won't get any more unless I declare my mother as my sole supporter. My step-father doesn't give me a penny, and my mother only earns ~£40k a year. How do I declare permanent estrangement from my biological father to make my mother my sole supporter/guardian?
Original post by cvbn490
I applied for Student Finance and my maintenance loan game back as just over £4000, which isn't even enough to cover rent for my first year accommodation. I'm estranged from my biological father - I have been for almost 12 years - and my mother receives absolutely no child support from him. Both my mother and my step-father refused to fill out the form regarding the means testing for additional support, and because the household earns over £100k per year, I feel I won't get any more unless I declare my mother as my sole supporter. My step-father doesn't give me a penny, and my mother only earns ~£40k a year. How do I declare permanent estrangement from my biological father to make my mother my sole supporter/guardian?

there's no way of stopping them counting your step fathers income i m afraid as they go off household income not your biological parents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending