AxSirlotl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm doing A level history and we make notes in lesson. Our teacher normally gives us more than the textbook does because he think's it's a "crap" textbook, but my only problem is that it takes me ages to type up the notes from class and the notes he gives us. It's not as big of a problem as in my other history lessons because we don't get given as much stuff, but I find that typing up notes to put them into a format that I can use to revise takes ages (3 or 4 hours).
Does anyone else struggle with this or has anyone found a way to not spend hours making notes to revise from?
AhhhAlevels
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AxSirlotl)
I'm doing A level history and we make notes in lesson. Our teacher normally gives us more than the textbook does because he think's it's a "crap" textbook, but my only problem is that it takes me ages to type up the notes from class and the notes he gives us. It's not as big of a problem as in my other history lessons because we don't get given as much stuff, but I find that typing up notes to put them into a format that I can use to revise takes ages (3 or 4 hours).
Does anyone else struggle with this or has anyone found a way to not spend hours making notes to revise from?
I don’t do history, but I find the exact same issues in my subjects! Sorry I couldn’t offer any help, but ur not alone!
_lucie_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I take two histories I completely understand you! I used to do the same thing however as you said it takes a LONG time. I took to going through my pages and highlighting the key facts or new facts (you will find some stuff Is repeated a LOT) doing this usually decreases the load a lot. hope this helped.
personally, i switched to making online flashcards on sites such as Quizzlet (you might even find ones for your subject done by someone else).
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why type up the notes? You can highlight, make short mind maps or keys in the margins etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (315)
65.76%
No (164)
34.24%

Watched Threads