Turn on thread page Beta

so my boyfriend of more than a year, in year 12, same as me and well almost done with school as we're writing our finals right now
    we haven't met in like 3 months because of exams and everything (we're in the same school though)
    also, in those 3 months, there were a lot of rough patches, we had a few major fights & silly ones, even ON my birthday. so after all of that i didn't feel like, happy? cuz there were certain things i didn't like him doing and he continued doing so
    anyways, straight to the point, we're going to meet after the exams and obviously i wanna go out, but he asked me to come over for like making out and stuff (lol) but i kinda don't want to tbh? i just wanna go out and have fun..i know i won't be like "omg yes" while kissing him
    and i dont know how to tell him that cuz he'll be very hurt

I would suggest that you tell him you want to go out first and then maybe you will go back to his after because you wanna have fun and get in the mood, you wouldn’t want to force yourself to have fun. Even then, when you go out, he might change his mind and you still have the option to end the date at that point 😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so my boyfriend of more than a year, in year 12, same as me and well almost done with school as we're writing our finals right now
    we haven't met in like 3 months because of exams and everything (we're in the same school though)
    also, in those 3 months, there were a lot of rough patches, we had a few major fights & silly ones, even ON my birthday. so after all of that i didn't feel like, happy? cuz there were certain things i didn't like him doing and he continued doing so
    anyways, straight to the point, we're going to meet after the exams and obviously i wanna go out, but he asked me to come over for like making out and stuff (lol) but i kinda don't want to tbh? i just wanna go out and have fun..i know i won't be like "omg yes" while kissing him
    Interesting! Maby he wants to make out with you n stuff because he hasn't met u in a while? but how I would suggest telling him u don't want to is by calling him? or face to face and explaining it, but don't make it seem like a big deal if you are worried about hurting his feelings. N can't he still make out with u if u both go out and have fun? Do u need to be at his house just to make out??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You have to be honest and communicate with him. Also, even though exams are really important, you need to make time for your relationship otherwise it will fail. You both should have spared even 10 minutes a week to meet up and be with each other. Your relationship is now suffering because neither of you put the effort in to this relationship, which sounds like you may not really want to be in it. Make time to see each other and communicate how you're feeling.

Also, if you don't want to do sexual things with him like he suggested then you don't have to. You can say no, and he should respect that. If he doesn't, then he isn't a good guy.

ReputationRep:
    You’ve gotta do what’s good for you, if that means telling him then do it because you can’t live your life unhappy just to please him and if he really knows you then he’ll be able to tell you’re unhappy and he’ll know that if taking time apart will make you happier then that’s what he’ll want

(Original post by Aynamouss)
    Interesting! Maby he wants to make out with you n stuff because he hasn't met u in a while? but how I would suggest telling him u don't want to is by calling him? or face to face and explaining it, but don't make it seem like a big deal if you are worried about hurting his feelings. N can't he still make out with u if u both go out and have fun? Do u need to be at his house just to make out??
    PDA isn't allowed where i live so no :/ i can call him or message him but what do i say? just that i don't want to?

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You have to be honest and communicate with him. Also, even though exams are really important, you need to make time for your relationship otherwise it will fail. You both should have spared even 10 minutes a week to meet up and be with each other. Your relationship is now suffering because neither of you put the effort in to this relationship, which sounds like you may not really want to be in it. Make time to see each other and communicate how you're feeling.

Also, if you don't want to do sexual things with him like he suggested then you don't have to. You can say no, and he should respect that. If he doesn't, then he isn't a good guy.
    we stay really far away from each other so meeting up couldn't have been an option
    he does so much for me, like so much. but sometimes if we aren't talking, he'll bring up something (say, tickets to a concert) to change my mood, which i think is wrong, even though it does make me happy, our relationship problems are still at the back of my head, i don't even know if he thinks about it

and we're not going to do anything SEXUAL sexual, just like kissing and stuff but that's something i'm not really in the mood for. how do i tell him without hurting his feelings? he'll probably not even want to go out

(Original post by colivia12)
    You’ve gotta do what’s good for you, if that means telling him then do it because you can’t live your life unhappy just to please him and if he really knows you then he’ll be able to tell you’re unhappy and he’ll know that if taking time apart will make you happier then that’s what he’ll want
    it's not that i want to take time apart, but because of all our fights and arguments that's happened recently, it just doesn't feel the same, at least on my side

ReputationRep:
    it's not that i want to take time apart, but because of all our fights and arguments that's happened recently, it just doesn't feel the same, at least on my side
    I get that and I know what it feels like but you have to think about you, you need to do what will make you happy and that can’t happen if you don’t talk to him about your problems
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    we stay really far away from each other so meeting up couldn't have been an option
    he does so much for me, like so much. but sometimes if we aren't talking, he'll bring up something (say, tickets to a concert) to change my mood, which i think is wrong, even though it does make me happy, our relationship problems are still at the back of my head, i don't even know if he thinks about it

and we're not going to do anything SEXUAL sexual, just like kissing and stuff but that's something i'm not really in the mood for. how do i tell him without hurting his feelings? he'll probably not even want to go out
    You say you don't know if he thinks about your problems, this is because you aren't communicating. You two need to put the effort in to meet up with each other if you really want to be in this relationship. You need to talk to him about how you're feeling so he knows, and he needs to tell you how he's feeling so you know.

You just tell him you aren't in the mood, that's all you have to say. If he gets hurt over it then that's his problem. He needs to respect that.

ReputationRep:
    PDA isn't allowed where i live so no :/ i can call him or message him but what do i say? just that i don't want to?
    It would be best to call him, DON'T TEXT HIM. Am a lad n I no I don't speak for every lad but if u text him it could give him the wrong thoughts or the wrong intention of the message. So I think 100% better to call him maby facetime?. What I think you should do/say is first. Come up with a plan or were you want to go out that you know he too would like, then call him n say u thought of this great place that the both of u could go out to and tell him it will be really fun and say that u can meet him to make out and stuff at his house another time . I reckon if u say that he won't be hurt at all and probs would be happy!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.