how to start AQA GCSE combined sceince revision?

Watch this thread
<QUATERNION>
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i have everything, workbooks, revision books, past papers, highlighters and pens .... but i just cant start help?
Georgia Brown
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
My best advice is to condense all of the information that is on a page into half a page of important bullet points. This will help you to remember the key facts on that subject. This has helped me so hopefully it will help you too.

I hope that my advice has been helpful
Georgia Brown
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
If you need any further advice or help, feel free to PM me. I'll help you as much as I can.
phanson1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I think it's important not to overload yourself when it comes to revision- so many of my friends have fallen into the trap of trying to memorise the revision guide and ended up recalling nothing in the exam.
I'd recommend PrimroseKitten's YouTube videos on each topic. I've used them a lot when revising for mock exams because she condenses the information down into the must-know bits. She also has a free revision guide on her website that has activities, keywords and concepts for each topic which is endlessly useful. I also recommend Science with Hazel, DoodleScience and FuseSchool on YouTube.
As you can probably tell I like to use unconventional revision methods- please don't limit yourself to just making notes on the revision guide, make use of growing up in the information era. In that vein, Quizlet is wonderful, as are programs like Coggle and the array of resources available on TSR and Get Revising.
Message me if you need anything!
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
you forgot motivation
StarWinchester
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I started by making revision cards for the subjects, the ones I didn't fully understand first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads