The Student Room Group

EMT and Ambulance service

Hi.. I’m a 10 year qualified dental nurse looking for a career change. I’m very interested in applying to become an emt and then work towards being a paramedic but cannot find a way to apply or much information. I’ve looked online and rang the welsh ambulance service multiple times with no answer. Please help!
Original post by Serenmurphy
Hi.. I’m a 10 year qualified dental nurse looking for a career change. I’m very interested in applying to become an emt and then work towards being a paramedic but cannot find a way to apply or much information. I’ve looked online and rang the welsh ambulance service multiple times with no answer. Please help!

Most paramedics will have a degree or a foundation degree in Paramedic Science. I would have a look at your local unis, and see if any of them offer this course, what the entry requirements are, and so on. If you meet the entry requirements you can apply- although you have probably missed your chance for 2018 entry, so would have to apply this autumn for 2019 entry.

I think Paramedic Science is quite a competitive course, but as you already have a healthcare background, I would imagine you'd be a relatively strong candidate.

Good luck!
Not East Midlands Trains.... :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending