The Student Room Group

How to make good money whilst at uni?

So I have been applying for part time jobs, so far to no avail. I would be looking for 15-20 hours per week which if we were going by the expected £7.50 Per hour would equate to between £100-150 per week. However, surely there must be more efficient ways of making money than the typical standing behind a bar on weekend nights mixing drinks...

I have been reading up on a few ways and I don't know if they seem to be very practical or reliable as a constant cash flow.

What are some decent alternatives to making decent income whilst a full-time student?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Yojmoj
surely there must be more efficient ways of making money than the typical standing behind a bar on weekend nights mixing drinks...

If there were do you not think everyone would be trying to do it?
Reply 2
Adsense
Reply 3
That's....not a bad idea. I don't know if there will be any willing customers prepared to make it rain for a skinny lad though. Hmmm, perhaps an idea for my gf XD
Reply 4
I've read a little about that. Is that actually a reliable, tried and true way of making bank?
Reply 5
Sugar daddy
Reply 6
Original post by Yojmoj
I've read a little about that. Is that actually a reliable, tried and true way of making bank?

More info here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4551354
Reply 7
Original post by cat_mac
Sugar daddy

If only I were female :frown:
Trade and pay your tuition fees.
Reply 9

Just quickly...I am assuming I would need some funds up front to begin this.
Reply 10
Original post by Cold Stone
Trade and pay your tuition fees.

What exactly do you mean by that?
Original post by Yojmoj

Gay for pay? Pretty sure you can get sugar mommies too. Don’t lose hope! :hubba:
Reply 12
Original post by Yojmoj
Just quickly...I am assuming I would need some funds up front to begin this.

About £200
Original post by Yojmoj

No. It's a way of going 'Oh ****, that bookmaker has decided to return my wager leaving me exposed'.

You're typically risking a thousand quid to make a tenner.
Original post by Yojmoj

If you're ok about having men go down on you, there's still a market for you.
Reply 15
Original post by unprinted
If you're ok about having men go down on you, there's still a market for you.

Doesn't exactly sound like my cup of tea but hey, money is money.
Original post by cat_mac
Sugar daddy

This is such a disgusting comment.

Are you actually being serious?
Reply 17
Charity street jobs pay well per hour around £10. Also working for flagship stores in whatever field you wanna o to i.e retail hospitality usually pay more than their other stores across the country/globe .
Original post by Cold Stone
This is such a disgusting comment.

Are you actually being serious?

You’ve admitted to being a serial catfish and feeling no remorse for the people you hurt, collecting their nudes and enjoying your control over them, you’re in no position to judge anyone. At least SD is between two consenting adults and not an emotional con artist. If anything is disgusting here, it’s you sis.
Original post by cat_mac
You’ve admitted to being a serial catfish and feeling no remorse for the people you hurt, collecting their nudes and enjoying your control over them, you’re in no position to judge anyone. At least SD is between two consenting adults and not an emotional con artist. If anything is disgusting here, it’s you sis.

When did I collect their nude photographs? I did nothing with them. I enjoyed the power and control of each situation.

Quick Reply

Latest