Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have been applying for part time jobs, so far to no avail. I would be looking for 15-20 hours per week which if we were going by the expected £7.50 Per hour would equate to between £100-150 per week. However, surely there must be more efficient ways of making money than the typical standing behind a bar on weekend nights mixing drinks...

I have been reading up on a few ways and I don't know if they seem to be very practical or reliable as a constant cash flow.

What are some decent alternatives to making decent income whilst a full-time student?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Yojmoj)
    more efficient ways of making money than the typical standing behind a bar on weekend nights mixing drinks...
    If you stand in the middle on the bar on a pole however, I heard they pay a lot

ReputationRep:
    surely there must be more efficient ways of making money than the typical standing behind a bar on weekend nights mixing drinks...
    If there were do you not think everyone would be trying to do it?

ReputationRep:
    Adsense

ReputationRep:
    matched betting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    If you stand in the middle on the bar on a pole however, I heard they pay a lot
    That's....not a bad idea. I don't know if there will be any willing customers prepared to make it rain for a skinny lad though. Hmmm, perhaps an idea for my gf XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohanGRK)
    matched betting
    I've read a little about that. Is that actually a reliable, tried and true way of making bank?

ReputationRep:
    Sugar daddy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I've read a little about that. Is that actually a reliable, tried and true way of making bank?
    More info here:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4551354

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Sugar daddy
    If only I were female

ReputationRep:
    Trade and pay your tuition fees.

ReputationRep:
    Just quickly...I am assuming I would need some funds up front to begin this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cold Stone)
    Trade and pay your tuition fees.
    What exactly do you mean by that?

ReputationRep:
    If only I were female
    Gay for pay? Pretty sure you can get sugar mommies too. Don’t lose hope! :hubba:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just quickly...I am assuming I would need some funds up front to begin this.
    About £200
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No. It's a way of going 'Oh ****, that bookmaker has decided to return my wager leaving me exposed'.

You're typically risking a thousand quid to make a tenner.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If only I were female
    If you're ok about having men go down on you, there's still a market for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    If you're ok about having men go down on you, there's still a market for you.
    Doesn't exactly sound like my cup of tea but hey, money is money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Sugar daddy
    This is such a disgusting comment.

Are you actually being serious?

ReputationRep:
    Charity street jobs pay well per hour around £10. Also working for flagship stores in whatever field you wanna o to i.e retail hospitality usually pay more than their other stores across the country/globe .

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.