The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History Structure HELP!

The essay I have written for it doesn't feel right, if I use the GCSE structure it will be too basic. can someone help me with this, thanks.

Essay A- Why was Luther so Critical of the actions of the Peasants in 1525?
(Edexcel AS History)
Original post by _lucie_
The essay I have written for it doesn't feel right, if I use the GCSE structure it will be too basic. can someone help me with this, thanks.

Essay A- Why was Luther so Critical of the actions of the Peasants in 1525?
(Edexcel AS History)

Ok have had a quick look and it could be quite an interesting essay.

The difference between GCSE and AS will be you require more depth, detail, analysis and evaluation.

There are loads of articles on this subject. So it shouldnt be hard to set up the investigation into why something you would think he would support came in for such criticisms from him.

You have to show in your essay you understand Luthers motivations and the context of his situation, aims and how he sought to achieve those. Did the Peasants revolt or even the peasants play much in his way of thinking and what did he think of them?

Do the analysis and the reasons, then the evaluative side towards the end can be quite insightful as to whether you understand his motivations and whether you want to be critical of him for doing it.

That is the way my essay would go. Just google lither peasants 1525 and you get loads of hits. I dont think its helpful if I list all the reasons I think were relevant. the essay is straightforward though and your higher marks will be in understanding the motivations and appreciation for the Time, beliefs and Luthers situation.

Quick Reply

Latest