Constantly tired Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Guys I’m constantly tired
I’m 16 yrs old and I only have 2 months to go until I sit my GCSEs
Everyone in my year is staying up until like midnight studying but I struggle to stay up past 8 pm
On the weekends I feel tired at like 2pm and then I’m constantly tired throughout the whole day. I have to physically try and keep my eyes open and it’s a struggle.
Plus, I don’t know whether this is related to it or not but I’m also starting to get really dry skin.
I’ve had this problem for around 2 months now and it’s preventing me from revising.
Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix this?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Purplemonkeys
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Everyone in my year is staying up until like midnight studying but I struggle to stay up past 8 pm
On the weekends I feel tired at like 2pm and then I’m constantly tired throughout the whole day. I have to physically try and keep my eyes open and it’s a struggle.
Plus, I don’t know whether this is related to it or not but I’m also starting to get really dry skin.
I’ve had this problem for around 2 months now and it’s preventing me from revising.
How much sleep do you get a night? Revision isimportant but so is sleep. See your gp.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Purplemonkeys)
How much sleep do you get a night? Revision isimportant but so is sleep. See your gp.
I get around 8 hours of revision
Anonymous #1
*8hrs of sleep
*8hrs of sleep
Johnathan94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I found green tea to be quite a helpful little tool here (and I'm not usually the type for things like that).

A cup in the morning, and one late in the evening. Got me into a nice healthy sleeping cycle, perhaps it was just the routine, but in any case - I've had some really good sleep for the past 3 or 4 weeks on this method, whether I take the tea or not now.
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Unless there is an obvious cause like boxing kangaroos for two hours each day it's time to see your GP. There are loads of things that can cause excessive tiredness and they can work out what it is for you and how to treat it.
No use spending ages trying to work it out for yourself and potentially getting it wrong when you've got your GP there available to help.

In my case I spent ages trying to get good sleep and all that when it turns out I had a big vitamin deficiency and a thyroid problem. Could have saved myself so much agro by just seeing my GP to start with.

Good luck
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Johnathan94)
I found green tea to be quite a helpful little tool here (and I'm not usually the type for things like that).

A cup in the morning, and one late in the evening. Got me into a nice healthy sleeping cycle, perhaps it was just the routine, but in any case - I've had some really good sleep for the past 3 or 4 weeks on this method, whether I take the tea or not now.
My issue isn’t a lack of sleep. When I get into bed I fall asleep straight away. My issue is just feeling tired throughout the whole day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (131)
18.02%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.04%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (126)
17.33%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.44%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (222)
30.54%

Watched Threads