The Student Room Group

Should we get rid of 1 an 2p's?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma:-)
Exactly. More than likely they will increase their prices to accomodate, They always do.

As the article says, charities with suffer a big drop in donations.
Also, what will they do with 2p machines at seaside/holiday resorts. That will see some places go out of business as well as taking away the fun.

They'll probably end up getting replaced with 10p machines instead, making it more expensive to play.

Though some countries already have coin machines with higher denominations, i.e. the US whereby it is a quarter (25 cents) per play on their coin pusher machines.

I personally wouldn't want to see 1p's and 2p's removed from circulation - I don't have any problems receiving them (they are surprisingly common) and I sometimes use them to make up the change on certain items. They have their uses.
Original post by spotify95
They'll probably end up getting replaced with 10p machines instead, making it more expensive to play.

Though some countries already have coin machines with higher denominations, i.e. the US whereby it is a quarter (25 cents) per play on their coin pusher machines.

I personally wouldn't want to see 1p's and 2p's removed from circulation - I don't have any problems receiving them (they are surprisingly common) and I sometimes use them to make up the change on certain items. They have their uses.

There are already some 10p machines in arcades, so i guess they will all turn into 10p machines- like you say, making it more expensive. Theres nothing like the good old 2p machine.
I agree with you, i wouldnt want them removed from circulation either.
For the sake of the retail sector, no.

Also, find a better source than the scum please.
It's crazy that this hasn't already happened. They're totally uneconomical to keep, count, transport, do anything with at all. I don't know anyone who is anything other than irritated by 1 and 2ps. Certainly nobody makes real use of them.
Reply 44
The funniest thing about 1p and 2p coins is that shopkeepers absolutely hate them. I remember one time buying a charger at some corner shop I had £4 but I didn't have a £1 coin I had 20ps, 10ps and 1p.2ps the shopkeeper saw me trying to add up those coins and he instantly gave up and just gave me the charger so I saved £1 basically.
Original post by del1rious
Ahhhhh but what will happen to 99p stores???

Problem already solved, they were swallowed up by Poundland two years ago :lol:
After suit and enforcement action, which can take many months. You're relying on the good faith of the merchant; much rather rely on the good faith of my bank and another bank, and have everything sorted within a week.
Original post by jameswhughes
Problem already solved, they were swallowed up by Poundland two years ago :lol:

Hahahahahah we still have a 99p store where I live!!! We are too poor to afford Poundland 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending