imundercover
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, is anyone else doing Forensic Psychology for one of their options? I find it interesting but also ridiculously hard - the way my teacher constructs her notes is impossible to understand, and the textbook isn't much help either...does anyone have any notes that they would be willing to share? or good websites to use for the new spec?
Criminalis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What level is this at?
imundercover
Rep:
?
(Original post by Criminalis)
What level is this at?
sorry: A level
Criminalis
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by imundercover)
sorry: A level
Haha no worries! I can't really help you, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions because I'm interested in forensic psychology if that's ok.

1. Does the teacher pick the options?

2. What kinds of things do you learn within the unit?

Thanks!
imundercover
Rep:
?
(Original post by Criminalis)
Haha no worries! I can't really help you, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions because I'm interested in forensic psychology if that's ok.

1. Does the teacher pick the options?

2. What kinds of things do you learn within the unit?

Thanks!
1. my teacher did, yes

2. problems in defining crime; ways of measuring crime; offender profiling; explanations for offending behaviour (biological, psychological ect...); the aims and effects of custodial sentencing
Criminalis
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1. my teacher did, yes

2. problems in defining crime; ways of measuring crime; offender profiling; explanations for offending behaviour (biological, psychological ect...); the aims and effects of custodial sentencing
Damn that sounds fun, I hope my teacher picks it.
chocolateoreo99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are there any specific parts of the topic you struggle most with? I'm happy to share what I've got however sending the whole topic would take me a while.
imundercover
Rep:
?
(Original post by chocolateoreo99)
Are there any specific parts of the topic you struggle most with? I'm happy to share what I've got however sending the whole topic would take me a while.
Thank you so much! Could you possibly send any notes for either the top down/bottom up approachs and also the “differential Association theory” (I think that’s what it’s called)
Rigby16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, I'm at University now studying Neuroscience however I achieved a grade A in AQA Psychology last year (New Spec too). I also did Forensic Psychology as a topic for the final paper. I revised for this whole paper 5 hours before the exam (No exaggeration). If you need any help drop me a message!
chocolateoreo99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much! Could you possibly send any notes for either the top down/bottom up approachs and also the “differential Association theory” (I think that’s what it’s called)
I found these both to be quite difficult also because for me the book wasnt super helpful. I used this website https://www.simplypsychology.org/a-l...orensic.html#2 to make my notes for these 2 topics just because I found that it broke it down into much more simple terms. Hopefully this helps you a bit.
lucascofield
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is so much content for forensics how do you remember it all??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (153)
14.56%
I'm not sure (46)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.69%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (513)
48.81%

Watched Threads