Edexcel history a level sources questions - help

Watch this thread
emmmm123
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am currently taking a level history and have found the 20 mark sources questions particularly hard - in the question, you are given two sources where you have to assess the effectiveness of the sources together to answer the question.

I am struggling to understand how to do this in the given time (45 minutes), where to start and how to structure! Also I am unsure about how I should embed the NOP etc...

Tips, methods and help please!
Chxrlotte15
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emmmm123)
I am currently taking a level history and have found the 20 mark sources questions particularly hard - in the question, you are given two sources where you have to assess the effectiveness of the sources together to answer the question.

I am struggling to understand how to do this in the given time (45 minutes), where to start and how to structure! Also I am unsure about how I should embed the NOP etc...

Tips, methods and help please!
My teacher told us to PEKCEL our paragraphs
P = point
E = evidence from the sources
K = own knowledge of the topic and can link to NOP of sources too
C = challenge/cross refference
E = evaluation
L = link back to the question

For introductions we do 1/2 sentences on context, 1 sentence for the interpretation of the two sources and 1 sentence for our arguement
username3012078
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
A 20 marker source question?

My tip would be to Use the sources and use them well. In my last few tests, I improved vastly because I analysed the source's context, viability and bias. Doing so after using the source to back up my own knowledge.

Also planning is your friend, unless you're even slower than me at writing then you can spare 2-3 min at the start to plan your answer.
orushbrook
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
ok boomer
iuvenisanimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username3012078)
A 20 marker source question?

My tip would be to Use the sources and use them well. In my last few tests, I improved vastly because I analysed the source's context, viability and bias. Doing so after using the source to back up my own knowledge.

Also planning is your friend, unless you're even slower than me at writing then you can spare 2-3 min at the start to plan your answer.
"My tip would be to Use the sources" No??? I was thinking about using the test paper to wipe my arse tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.72%
Not yet, but I will soon (53)
18.28%
No (116)
40%

Watched Threads