The Student Room Group

Parents unable to support application

I completed my application for student finance to study this year in September, and I have received my entitlement letter and a form to return back to sfe signed and dated.

However, when my parents try to link my application to their account using my CRN, it says that no matches have been found despite me having confirmation that my application has been approved. Is there a reason why this is happening?

Would I be able to cancel this current application and do it again or is my only option to ring up student finance to correct whatever has gone wrong?
Original post by H1507
I completed my application for student finance to study this year in September, and I have received my entitlement letter and a form to return back to sfe signed and dated.

However, when my parents try to link my application to their account using my CRN, it says that no matches have been found despite me having confirmation that my application has been approved. Is there a reason why this is happening?

Would I be able to cancel this current application and do it again or is my only option to ring up student finance to correct whatever has gone wrong?

Try ringing SFE tomorrow (ideally with your parents). They should be able to access your account and see what the problem is.

Worst case scenario - get your parents to fill out the paper form instead of the online version. Don’t cancel your application.
Original post by H1507

Hi H1507,

As long as you have asked to be assessed for the higher amount of maintenance loan and advised on the application that your parents would support your application with their household income, you can provide that information either online or on paper.

If your application has been approved without including the household income and your parents can no longer link to your application online, then to provide the household income you will need provide their income on a paper form, PFF2 instead.

Here is a link to the forms,

https://bit.ly/2pysdka

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending