The Student Room Group

Evidence for maintenance loan (EU) - help!

Hello,

I'm an EU student and have just been accepted into U of York (woohoo!) and am in the process of applying for a maintenance loan.

Student Finance has asked to see evidence that I've been in the UK since 01/09/13, but I didn't move into my accommodation until 14/09/13 and so only have official evidence from that day (I did a bit of sightseeing/staying with friends beforehand).

I have my flight booking confirmation email from 26/08/13, but when I called to ask if they'd accept it as evidence, the guy on the phone was doubtful it would be enough.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues, and if you have any advice about what I can do.

Thanks!
Original post by mritzker
Hello,

I'm an EU student and have just been accepted into U of York (woohoo!) and am in the process of applying for a maintenance loan.

Student Finance has asked to see evidence that I've been in the UK since 01/09/13, but I didn't move into my accommodation until 14/09/13 and so only have official evidence from that day (I did a bit of sightseeing/staying with friends beforehand).

I have my flight booking confirmation email from 26/08/13, but when I called to ask if they'd accept it as evidence, the guy on the phone was doubtful it would be enough.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues, and if you have any advice about what I can do.

Thanks!

Hi Mritzker,

Firstly, congratulations on your offer!

I have attached a list of evidence that can be accepted for your residency.

If you can't provide anything on the list, the best thing to do is send what you can with a cover letter explaining your situation. This will be reviewed by an assessor.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.
Reply 2
Hi John,

Thanks very much for your help.

Madeline
Original post by mritzker
Hi John,

Thanks very much for your help.

Madeline

You're very welcome Madeline.