The Student Room Group

Entitlement

Hello,
I came September 2015, from outside Europe. If my course starts October 2018 will I be entitled for funding.
Original post by Olaaro
Hello,
I came September 2015, from outside Europe. If my course starts October 2018 will I be entitled for funding.

Hi Olaaro,

To be eligible for student finance as a non EU/EEA national, you must be ordinarily resident in the UK for the 3 years before the first day of the first academic year. You must also have a valid residential status for the the full 3 years (this can include in time applications with the home office).

If your course starts in October 2018, this means the academic year starts on the 1st of September 2018, so you'd have to have been resident in the UK with a valid residential status from the 1st of September 2015.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.
Reply 2
Hello John,
Thank you for the previous answer.
If my parents and I cover the cost for my first year in university will student finance cover the cost for the remaining 3 years? because by the second year i would have been in this country for three years.
Original post by Olaaro
Hello John,
Thank you for the previous answer.
If my parents and I cover the cost for my first year in university will student finance cover the cost for the remaining 3 years? because by the second year i would have been in this country for three years.

Hi Olaaro,

I'm afraid you'd still be ineligible as you must be resident in the UK with a valid residential status 3 years before the 1st day of the 1st academic year.

Kind regards,

John.
Reply 4
Original post by John B SFE
Hi Olaaro,

I'm afraid you'd still be ineligible as you must be resident in the UK with a valid residential status 3 years before the 1st day of the 1st academic year.

Kind regards,

John.

Hello John,
Are you saying that after my parents have funded my first year in university, they will have to fund the remaining 3 years. Even after I have been in this country for more than 3 years.
If that is so please can u tell me why it is like that?
Sincerely
Olaaro
Original post by Olaaro
Hello John,
Are you saying that after my parents have funded my first year in university, they will have to fund the remaining 3 years. Even after I have been in this country for more than 3 years.
If that is so please can u tell me why it is like that?
Sincerely
Olaaro

Hi Olaaro,

Your eligibility is based on your residency and status at the start of the course so if you start your course before you've been resident in the UK for 3 years it means you'd be ineligible for funding throughout that course.

Kind regards,

John.
Reply 6
Thank you
Original post by Olaaro
Thank you

You're very welcome.

Best wishes,

John.

Quick Reply

Latest