The Student Room Group

Is my contraception making me feel this way?! help!

In 2016 I was prescribed co cyprindiol also known as dianette for my severe acne, although after 3/4 months of taking this it has cleared every spot I had and get no break out soon at all just the odd spot at that time of the month last sept 2017 I started suffering from severe dizziness and anxiety. I was told by my gp I needed to get my ears syringed as that may be causing the dizziness which I did! It’s been 6 months since this and every day is still a challenge for me :frown: I wake up and the start of the day is fine but as the day progresses I start feeling really lightheaded and panicky. Some days I struggle to even concentrate because of the way I feel. I try my hardest to over come this feeling but find it very hard as I’m constantly worrying about this dizzy feeling I constantly feel. Almost as though it’s a vicious circle. I’m wondering if after being on co cyprindiol for over 2 years could this drug be causing me anxiety? I’ve had several blood tests to rule out heath conditions like anaemia - thyroid problems and diabetes etc and all have been fine! I have no life stresses and no reason why I should be suffering with this. I’m trying really hard to avoid going on anxiety medication as I don’t want to go down that road. Can some one please help advise if they have ever had this or a similar experience when taking this medicine? Help!
Youre in the wrong forum.

It could definitely be your contraception. If it's a combined pill maybe change to progesterone only pills. There are hundreds of pills available, unfortunately, you need to trial and error.
Go and see your GP straight away - dizziness is never good. You need to reassess you need for the pill over the antidepressants. This sort of 'clash' is not uncommon - the pill doesnt suit everyone, and adding more chemicals may be adding to your MH issues. Make an appointment as soon as you can.
Out of all the qualified doctors you turn to strangers on an internet forum where the average age is about 15. How would we know without examining you?

Quick Reply

Latest