The Student Room Group

cancelled insurance

so i had a motor bike that my insurance company cancelled on me and i took it up with the omnisbus people that argued it out for me but i did not here back from them i have reinsured my bike with a company that excepts people with that on there quote but i am now getting a car i have heard diff things about this and some people say i do not need to say anything as its my first car that im getting and motorbike and car are two diff things so do i need to put it down or can i just start afresh with a clean sheet????
Reply 1
Original post by redzdogz
so i had a motor bike that my insurance company cancelled on me and i took it up with the omnisbus people that argued it out for me but i did not here back from them i have reinsured my bike with a company that excepts people with that on there quote but i am now getting a car i have heard diff things about this and some people say i do not need to say anything as its my first car that im getting and motorbike and car are two diff things so do i need to put it down or can i just start afresh with a clean sheet????

The question is usually along the lines of "have you ever had a policy voided by an insurer" - it doesn't specify what type of policy, from car, to bike, to home, to life - if it asks the question, you must declare it.

Also... "omnisbus"? :laugh:
This hurt my eyes but short answer - yes, you need to declare it. It's on your record.
Reply 3
im dislexit i can not spell to save my life so please dnt lath i have to look up so many words to rite this but ty for the replie
im dislexit i can not spell to save my life so please dnt lath i have to look up so many words to rite this but ty for the replie

Sorry - but ye you have to declare it. The ombudsmen can look into cancelled policies and have them reinstated if they find the insurer was at fault, however this is clearly not the case as it stands.
Reply 5
The system's stacked against you here unfortunately. Car and motorbike insurance are treated the same when it suits the insurer (such as cancellations), but are considered different if it would benefit the policy holder (e.g. no claims bonus). You will need to declare your cancellation and can expect to have to deal with a rough time finding insurance as a result, especially since you've never had car insurance previously.
Reply 6

Try https://www.grammarly.com/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending