The Student Room Group

Southern & Petibone suing the U.K. for denying entry due to their political views

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ajj2000
Which is fine. I'm questioning their choice to take legal action against a sovereign country of which they are not a citizen for protecting its borders. The policy of controlling borders may be wrong, the actions of the authorities may be wrong, the existence of such authorities may be wrong - still not their place to seek legal redress when they wish the same powers to be available elsewhere.

Again - they are taking action against its government to highlight its hypocrisy and general inability to protect its citizens in the way it does exercise its border control, including misuse of resources by prioritising them for deportation. There is nothing difficult to grasp here. So again, good on em I say.
Original post by Airplanebee2
They don’t want people to be banned for political opinions elsewhere.

I'd have to spend time looking through you tube to check this but not convinced about this. Pettibone was opposed to supporters of political Islam entering America I believe. They are in favour of free speech for citizens - not for anyone to claim a right to entry.
Original post by Napp
Remind me again how two foreigners suing the British tax payer is a good thing?🤔

I am the British taxpayer. This occupation government doesn’t represent me. I want a government that represents the people not a globalist George Soros controlled government that uses Neo-Marxist rhetoric to repress it’s people. It is a good use of taxpayer money to expose this shilling that is going on - and it not accidental or incompetence - it’s intentional.
Original post by ajj2000
Seems pretty fundamental to me. If they campaigned on moral grounds - fine. If a promoter of free movement went to court - fine too. Not a good look for people who support nativism to oppose abroad the government choice which they wish for at home

It was cringeworthy watching not very clever people trying to be really clever and smart. They got nicked. Detained. Treated like terrorists and interrogated like one when there is no evidence to even remotely suggest that to any person not in need of some sense beaten into them and being sacked for incompetence, and you have to be a completely warped imbecile to think there was. There plans were disrupted. In Lauren's case, they phoned her dad and told her she was under arrest for on suspicion of terrorism. They wanted to take her possessions. The care about nationalism because countries like ours used to be free countries above that kind of thing.

Their human rights were violated based on simply having different views than the one the government tell you you're allow to have, and are suing for that. Stop being so nasty, *****y and obnoxious and accept that's out of order that the British State is doing that. How they've elevated dissent and being critical of a religion and the Left's insane blindness to any of its questionable and morally reprehensible aspects to an even higher level of scrutiny than real murderous terrorists who commit and plan to commit things like running up to people in the street and slashing and stabbing them to bits, running people over in cars, letting of bombs on trains and blowing into so many pieces they can only be identified in certain body parts can be recovered, and blowing up little kids at concerts.
Original post by TCA2b
Again - they are taking action against its government to highlight its hypocrisy and general inability to protect its citizens in the way it does exercise its border control, including misuse of resources by prioritising them for deportation. There is nothing difficult to grasp here. So again, good on em I say.

The government did believe it was protecting its citizens by not letting the three of them in. Whether the prioritization was good, bad or indifferent is nothing to do with them. Keeping unwanted foreigners out is not really a sign of a general inability to protect its citizens.
Original post by ajj2000
The government did believe it was protecting its citizens by not letting the three of them in. Whether the prioritization was good, bad or indifferent is nothing to do with them. Keeping unwanted foreigners out is not really a sign of a general inability to protect its citizens.

It believed, for sure, that they threatened giving more airtime to airing its general utter incompetence in protecting its citizenry from actual threats, and in that sense they do present a danger - to it. Since they were the individuals directly involved, it's not "nothing" to do with them.

But since you're so confident that the government believed that, let's see it put forward its evidence in a court of law. It should have no problem doing so.

I get the impression you're just the usual anti-nationalist type hiding behind "concern" for how this makes them look. The party that should be concerned about being exposed here is the border authorities.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 26
I am the British taxpayer. This occupation government doesn’t represent me. I want a government that represents the people not a globalist George Soros controlled government that uses Neo-Marxist rhetoric to repress it’s people. It is a good use of taxpayer money to expose this shilling that is going on - and it not accidental or incompetence - it’s intentional.

You far right conspiracy theorising wing nuts seem to have a bit of a thing for me soros, it's a bit kinky to be honest.
I still fail to see how potentially enriching - by extension making poorer - the british worker is a good thing.
Hadn't actually bothered to listen to Lauren Southern speak before, didn't realise her voice was so frickin deep.

Anyhoo, I bothered to watch the video most of the way through and the lawyer they've hired reckons they've got a decent case. Soooo... good for them?
Original post by Napp
You far right conspiracy theorising wing nuts seem to have a bit of a thing for me soros, it's a bit kinky to be honest.
I still fail to see how potentially enriching - by extension making poorer - the british worker is a good thing.

Far right

https://youtu.be/RcWk640Rjq0
Reply 29

That song made me giggle XD

In fairness though I was more alluding to the users conspiracy peddling - it is a common hallmark of people actually on the far right [not just those lumped there for an insult] that they blame all the worlds ills on a judeo-neo-marxist conspiracy with Soros at its head.
Original post by Napp

What you need to understand that that when your teacher gives you a little book that you need to learn, it doesn’t contain everything about a subject and there are some things you won’t know. For example you might be given a little book on cars but it might not cover the engine maker OEM subcontractors and vehicle recovery agent electronic agent fault detection systems. This is also true for the media, when it talks about it these subjects it may not go this far.

When we’re talking about politicos this is especially true and what is expressed is often related to the views of the person expressing the information for example in the United States many teachers were crying when Trump was elected and telling the children that a disaster has happened worse than 9/11.

For the children, I have copies and pasted below some of the political activities of George Soros from Wikipedia and a news article:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

On September 27, 2012, Soros announced that he was donating $1 million to the super PAC backing President Barack Obama's reelection Priorities USA Action.[94]

Since the fall of the Soviet Union, Soros's funding has continued to play an important role in the former Soviet sphere. His funding of prodemocratic programs in Georgia was considered by Russian and Western observers to be crucial to the success of the Rose Revolution, although Soros has said that his role has been "greatly exaggerated."[101]Alexander Lomaia, Secretary of the Georgian Security Council and former Minister of Education and Science, is a former Executive Director of the Open Society Georgia Foundation (Soros Foundation), overseeing a staff of 50 and a budget of $2.5 million.[102]

Support of separatist movements
In November 2005, Soros said: "My personal opinion is there's no alternative but to give Kosovo independence."[114] Soros has helped fund the non-profit group called Independent Diplomat.[115] It represented Kosovo, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (under military occupation by Turkey since 1974),[116]Somaliland and the Polisario Front of Western Sahara.[115]

Africa
The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africais a Soros-affiliated organization.[113] Its director for Zimbabwe is Godfrey Kanyenze, who also directs the Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Unions (ZCTU), which was the main force behind the founding of the Movement for Democratic Change, the principal indigenous organization promoting regime change in Zimbabwe.[citation needed]

Soros Groups funding Anti-Trump activists:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/20/george-soros-democracy-alliance-anti-trump-activists-meeting/99417808/
:laugh: @ Southern

>argues a country should be able to control it's borders more and deny entry to those opposed to its culture and values
> Sues a country for controlling its borders and denying entry to someone opposed to its values.

Snowflake gonna snowflake.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

>argues a country should be able to control it's borders more and deny entry to those opposed to its culture and values
> Sues a country for controlling its borders and denying entry to someone opposed to its values.

But that’s the whole point. She is very much aligned to the opinion of most of the people in this country.

What she is not aligned to is the BBC / Guardian left wing political correctness which is the lowest rung of control that the establishment is using against the people. This view is only propagated by people using it to try and get a leg up to empower themselves. To use an analogy a Frenchman in Nazi occupied France collaborating with the Nazis to get personal power. You could call this an occultation government, threatening to lock people up for offending people which really means offending the ideology.
Fox News bills this as Britain banning Conservatives from entering the country:

Lauren Southern & Brittany Petibone who were detained then deported from the U.K. for their political views against cultural Marxism are suing the brainwashed U.K.

The brainwashed U.K. fails to see the argument against cultural Marxism for personal freedom and not state sanctioned speech crime and hypocrisy enforcement laws (like it’s good to criticise men/ Christians / whites but you can go to jail for slaying blacks/ Muslims / females).

The brainwashed U.K. (that tried to put people like Nick Griffin in prison for pointing out Muslim Grooming gangs while they were allowed to roam freely out of fear of being called racist) - only has a single tool to evaluate this resistance of cultural Marxist: and the tool is racist or not racist. Lauren and Brittany are going to sue the U.K. to make their point - brilliant.

But that’s the whole point. She is very much aligned to the opinion of most of the people in this country.

What she is not aligned to is the BBC / Guardian left wing political correctness which is the lowest rung of control that the establishment is using against the people. This view is only propagated by people using it to try and get a leg up to empower themselves. To use an analogy a Frenchman in Nazi occupied France collaborating with the Nazis to get personal power. You could call this an occultation government, threatening to lock people up for offending people which really means offending the ideology.

She's absolutely not. She's aligned with the wingnuts and the *****, most people hold tolerant values and a general live and let live/not my business attitude, completely against her extremist *******s

You're a mod? It's no surprise that mods on the nearly any forum that deals in politics in some way are all loony left PC militant types who need to control things and can censor what they don't like. Who all share the same infantile inability to grasp opposing arguments.

If it was like this, you'd have point:

> Argues Britain and Western Nations should stop anyone coming in that are remotely critical of a certain religion
> Sues Britain for stopping her because she was critical of that certain religion

SJW brainwashed ideologues DON'T ATTEMPT LOGIC!!.

You don't have the first idea what it is, or how to form a logical coherent statement or grasp an opposing argument, and you just embarrass yourself and just show why you are such a laughing stock and a target for derision from grown up, smart people.
(edited 6 years ago)
She's absolutely not. She's aligned with the wingnuts and the *****, most people hold tolerant values and a general live and let live/not my business attitude, completely against her extremist *******s

You are incorrect.

The majority of Britons think that minorities threaten U.K. culture:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/25/majority-of-britons-think-minorities-threaten-uk-culture-report-says

Most Britain’s are completely aligned to the so called “far-right” in their views. They are just either indoctrinated to hate us, or afraid of stigmatisation.

Again with this far right labels, her values are what regular people hold dear
Great News!

The UK government is completely out of touch with reality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending