Will I get accepted to university

Watch this thread
leobarry
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Some university required to have gcse science. I don’t have gcse science but I am redoing it. I will get my result after I apply to uni. Will the unis accept my application if I say I am redoing it.

Thank you
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by leobarry)
Some university required to have gcse science. I don’t have gcse science but I am redoing it. I will get my result after I apply to uni. Will the unis accept my application if I say I am redoing it.

Thank you
Have you done any research on this as most universities require Maths & English GCSE at B or possibly C but not Science. Is this just something that a "friend" has told you.

Can you list some universities that require GCSE science as I've never come across any.
leobarry
Rep:
(Original post by nutz99)
Have you done any research on this as most universities require Maths & English GCSE at B or possibly C but not Science. Is this just something that a "friend" has told you.

Can you list some universities that require GCSE science as I've never come across any.
One of my friends he told me Nottingham university required when he applied for they required to have gcse science.
I did look at some uni and they didn’t require gcse science but I am thinking of redoing to make my gcse strong but if I redo it I will get my result after I apply for uni.
SamBrainless
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm looking at a biology based course and they don't require science GCSE at the uni I'm applying to
leobarry
Rep:
(Original post by SamBrainless)
I'm looking at a biology based course and they don't require science GCSE at the uni I'm applying to
Do you have gcse science
SamBrainless
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Do you have gcse science
No, I sadly don't
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
One of my friends he told me Nottingham university required when he applied for they required to have gcse science.
I did look at some uni and they didn’t require gcse science but I am thinking of redoing to make my gcse strong but if I redo it I will get my result after I apply for uni.
Yeah its usually a "friend told me this" which inevitably turns out to be completely untrue. Nottingham requirements are:

A levels: AAA (AAB if you have an A in computer science/computing)

(Please note, A level ICT or IT do not qualify for the lower entry requirements)

Required subjects: 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (B) or above
No Science GCSE required.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (146)
42.2%
Not yet, but I will soon (63)
18.21%
No (137)
39.6%

Watched Threads