Religious Jewish girl. ask me anything!!! Watch

username3772346
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi I'm an orthodox Jewish girl. feel free to ask me anything you want about Judaism and I'll try my best to answer as well as I can. please be aware that as a girl I have only studied certain parts of Halacha (Jewish law) so I don't understand everything myself.
rigerang
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are you a zionist?
answer this question keeping in mind that I'll make no judgments or presumptions about you
username3661036
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why is Judaism better then Christianity or Islam? And do you believe you all pray to the same god?
xxwswsws
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did your grandparents make it out?
username3846126
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
God bless and keep the Jewish people safe and happy!
username3772346
Rep:
?
(Original post by rigerang)
are you a zionist?
answer this question keeping in mind that I'll make no judgments or presumptions about you
no i am not a Zionist but I believe that Israel is ultimately for the Jews but anyone else who wants to live there can live there. I don't really have any other opinions on this subject.
username3772346
Rep:
?
(Original post by King Arthur 284)
Why is Judaism better then Christianity or Islam? And do you believe you all pray to the same god?
Judaism is not necessarily better then any other religion. every religion is based on what they think is right. I personally believe being Jewish is right but I have nothing against any other religions because that is what they were brought up to believe is right.
also all of these religions believe in one G-d so even if they know Him as different names it is still the same G-d
username3772346
Rep:
?
(Original post by xxwswsws)
How did your grandparents make it out?
my grandparents never went through the war but my great grand parents were all evacuated in time
rigerang
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mickie14)
I personally believe being Jewish is right
lovely, so anyone who isn't born a jew is automatically not right?
username3772346
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cold Stone)
God bless and keep the Jewish people safe and happy!
aw thanks. that's such a nice thing for you to say especially with all the anti semitisim nowadays.
CookieButter
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you shake men's hands when they greet you?
Are you required to dress a certain way?
What do you think about Jesus?

Edit: Why do you write G-d in this way?
username3661036
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Judaism is not necessarily better then any other religion. every religion is based on what they think is right. I personally believe being Jewish is right but I have nothing against any other religions because that is what they were brought up to believe is right.
also all of these religions believe in one G-d so even if they know Him as different names it is still the same G-d
Isn’t it strange how you can not convert to Judaism? And as you said ‘what I was taught and raised to believe’. Why not use your own brain? Do your own research. Instead of being told what to believe and how to think. What do you know about other beliefs? And philosophies.
username3772346
Rep:
?
'Germany is ultimately for the Germans' or does that not apply since it was Hitler?
amirite XDDD
german is a nationality. Judaism is a religion. there is a very big difference.
username3846126
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lovely, so anyone who isn't born a jew is automatically not right?
If your mother is Jewish then you are jewish. It is hard to convert to Judaism I have read and it takes a long time.
rigerang
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
german is a nationality. Judaism is a religion. there is a very big difference.
Of course there is- unlike becoming a jew you can't restrict one from becoming a German national
username3772346
Rep:
?
(Original post by King Arthur 284)
Isn’t it strange how you can not convert to Judaism? And as you said ‘what I was taught and raised to believe’. Why not use your own brain? Do your own research. Instead of being told what to believe and how to think.
1. of course you can convert to Judaism
2. the amazing thing about Jewish law is that everything we learn has a completely logical explanation behind it. even the few things we don't understand we believe because if Judaism is based on logic then there must be a logical explanation for that aswell that is just too deep for us
zetamcfc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi I'm an orthodox Jewish girl. feel free to ask me anything you want about Judaism and I'll try my best to answer as well as I can. please be aware that as a girl I have only studied certain parts of Halacha (Jewish law) so I don't understand everything myself.
Do you follow the Talmud?
username3772346
Rep:
?
(Original post by CookieButter)
Do you shake men's hands when they greet you?
Are you required to dress a certain way?
What do you think about Jesus?

Edit: Why do you write G-d in this way?
wether you shake a mans hand or not depends on how religious you are. family you are allowed but strangers you are supposed to refrain from touching. it's not do bad if you do though
we write G-d like this because it is considered one if His official names. if we write it properly on paper we would not be allowed to throw it away or tear it up. it's not so applicable to typing but most people do it anyway.
rigerang
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1. of course you can convert to Judaism
2. the amazing thing about Jewish law is that everything we learn has a completely logical explanation behind it. even the few things we don't understand we believe because if Judaism is based on logic then there must be a logical explanation for that aswell that is just too deep for us
If a person coverts to Islam they can visit the Mecca
If a person 'converts' to Judaism they still can't become an Israeli national (unless they take a DNA test and are shown to be genetically Jewish)
therefore it only seems logical that even if you 'convert' to Judaism you aren't seen as one by real Jews (ie who have Jewish ancestry)
username3772346
Rep:
?
(Original post by zetamcfc)
Do you follow the Talmud?
not as a girl but the men do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (499)
59.76%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.15%
No- I want it (237)
28.38%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.71%

Watched Threads

Latest