The Student Room Group

Why are the entry requirements so bizarre in UK universities

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 999tigger
I dont know, perhaps different universities recognise different things and these two think you have just the sort of potential they want for their students so they are keen to get you?

I would take the UCL or KCL offer as they are obviously more lenient.
Perhaps they looked at your application and recognised your potential and were impressed by your predicted grades?

Have you decided to turn down Oxbridge and Durham after this?

I thought you were doing a drama degree or are you doing the LLB after?

No this isn't an offer, I'm just predicted to get all my units at distinction so I'm hoping to apply to them for 2019 entry.

I was thinking of doing drama and the a GDL, but now I'm thinking otherwise.
Reply 21
Original post by 999tigger
I dont know, perhaps different universities recognise different things and these two think you have just the sort of potential they want for their students so they are keen to get you?

I would take the UCL or KCL offer as they are obviously more lenient.
Perhaps they looked at your application and recognised your potential and were impressed by your predicted grades?

Have you decided to turn down Oxbridge and Durham after this?

I thought you were doing a drama degree or are you doing the LLB after?

On their website it says 28 at distinction and the rest at merit, so that's what I presumed, but they haven't given me an offer yet.
Original post by Efron
Hahaha, UCL and Kings college do not have interviews, they only take them in (as you have clearly copy and pasted) for some cases as I have already stated.

I really do not know what you're trying to prove by uttering fatal information that rather confuses the striving student, but if your point is that access courses aren't worth **** compared to A levels, or that there less regarded, (excluding the sciences who have specific subject requirements) then if it makes you happy, okay little boy Acces courses are extensively inferior to that of A levels in that it's not evan worth measuring.

Now if that makes you happy then pat yourself on the back, in the mean time I advise you for the sake of good karma to stop uttering hearsay and in my opinion BS on the Internet.

Oh Efron, your posts will be the death of me... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest