The Student Room Group

Can’t move on :(

So there was this guy who I chatted to every night from like December- February. We’re both 17, go to the same sixth form and we were very close. We made out etc and we were definitely going somewhere and then at the end of February he started to become very distant, couldn’t chat much and eventually said that he wasn’t ready for anything right now. It was very unexpected and honestly broke my heart. But he said that in the summer when he has more time, exams are done, he wants to try again. Now I know that I should probably not wait around for him but equally I don’t get loads of guy attention and I really do like this guy so am prepared to wait. But until summer (4 months) we literally aren’t going to chat at all. We don’t see each other at college ever and if ever I snap him since ‘breaking up’ he’s always got too much ‘work’. It really upsets me because I know he could make time for me but he doesn’t even try. Like he could definitely find just 10 mins to say hi across a whole 2 day weekend but he doesn’t :frown: so yeah that’s the situation and my issue is that it’s been 3 weeks but still he’s constantly on my mind, I’m always waiting for his name to pop up on my phone (which it never does) and I just want to feel happy and forget about him. Any tips on how to block someone out because I feel sad and lonely whenever I think about him :frown: X
You have to try and distract yourself. It's a crap situation, but you definitely should not wait around for him. Like you said if he can't spare a few minutes to say Hi, will he really wait for you until summer? You just have to try your best to not think about him or the situation. Watch TV or go out with your friends - anything that will get your mind off it. I also wouldn't recommend listening to music cause it may get you to think about them. But you need to allow yourself time to get over them. I hope this helps, feel free to pm if you like :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
It'll pass, don't worry! Don't focus too much on "waiting for him", if it's bound to happen - it will! A lot of girls were/are in the same situation, right now it feels like you might never meet anyone else or it'll never pass, but trust me it will. You have to occupy your mind with other things, go out, do what you like and stuff like that. Don't snap/message him, you see how every time he's busy and it just breaks your heart a little bit more. You have to be strong and wait it out. Good luck, you'll be alright!
Reply 3
Original post by paulaxw
It'll pass, don't worry! Don't focus too much on "waiting for him", if it's bound to happen - it will! A lot of girls were/are in the same situation, right now it feels like you might never meet anyone else or it'll never pass, but trust me it will. You have to occupy your mind with other things, go out, do what you like and stuff like that. Don't snap/message him, you see how every time he's busy and it just breaks your heart a little bit more. You have to be strong and wait it out. Good luck, you'll be alright!

Thank you so much this really helped :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lollypenguin
You have to try and distract yourself. It's a crap situation, but you definitely should not wait around for him. Like you said if he can't spare a few minutes to say Hi, will he really wait for you until summer? I know how you feel, I am going through it myself. You just have to try your best to not think about him or the situation. Watch TV or go out with your friends - anything that will get your mind off it. I also wouldn't recommend listening to music cause it may get you to think about them. But you need to allow yourself time to get over them. It's been over 2 years and I'm not over someone but just don't dwell on it cause it wasn't meant to be. I hope this helps, feel free to pm if you like :smile:

Thank you so much X

Quick Reply