The Student Room Group

pls help!!!! psychology a level for medicine?

i want to do medecine, preferably at a London uni such as icl, icl, kings college, queen Mary or something like that. all my predicted grades for gases are 8/9

I want to take biology chemistry and psychology for my a levels, but I've heard lots of people say that psychology is a 'soft' or 'easy' subject and that if I want to apply for medicine in a Russell group uni, it will give me a disadvantage. I've heard SO many people tell me that maths would be better, and even though maths is one of my strongest subjects, I'm not that interested in it compared to psychology. I would do maths if I really needed to, its just that I'd so much rather do psychology. ik that Cambridge and Oxford are the only unis that want 3 sciences, but I'm not planning to go there

will taking a psychology a level instead of maths be a disadvantage for the unis that I'm looking at going to?

(also please don't suggest that I do 4 a levels, I honestly cba and would rather focus on 3 and get the best grades possible)
Original post by slimthicc
i want to do medecine, preferably at a London uni such as icl, icl, kings college, queen Mary or something like that. all my predicted grades for gases are 8/9

I want to take biology chemistry and psychology for my a levels, but I've heard lots of people say that psychology is a 'soft' or 'easy' subject and that if I want to apply for medicine in a Russell group uni, it will give me a disadvantage. I've heard SO many people tell me that maths would be better, and even though maths is one of my strongest subjects, I'm not that interested in it compared to psychology. I would do maths if I really needed to, its just that I'd so much rather do psychology. ik that Cambridge and Oxford are the only unis that want 3 sciences, but I'm not planning to go there

will taking a psychology a level instead of maths be a disadvantage for the unis that I'm looking at going to?

(also please don't suggest that I do 4 a levels, I honestly cba and would rather focus on 3 and get the best grades possible)

Won’t be any disadvantage as long as you get an A in it. It isn’t a soft subject and getting an A in your third subject is more important than what that subject is (as long as you have bio and chem).

And Russel Group means diddly squat in medicine so don’t limit yourself but only looking at those universities. Apply strategically and to places you like the look of. All UK medical degrees are equal

Quick Reply

Latest