The Student Room Group

Sixth Form

Do you think it's possible that a previous Sixth Form college would allow a student who had left in 2017 to return for the 2018/19 academic year and take up either another A level or the EPQ?

I left in 2017 after finishing my A2 in the idea that I was having a gap year before university - but I'm considering going back to improve grades and/or take another subject/the EPQ.
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Do you think it's possible that a previous Sixth Form college would allow a student who had left in 2017 to return for the 2018/19 academic year and take up either another A level or the EPQ?

I left in 2017 after finishing my A2 in the idea that I was having a gap year before university - but I'm considering going back to improve grades and/or take another subject/the EPQ.

Highly unlikely. If you have completed A level study they would not receive government funding to support your continued education.
Original post by gdunne42
Highly unlikely. If you have completed A level study they would not receive government funding to support your continued education.

Ah fair enough.

Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie

You could probably find a college that will take you. Maybe try emailing/calling some local colleges and explain your situation and they might be able to accommodate.
It would be worth asking your sixth form, but it will be unlikely. If anything, colleges are more likely to take you because they are often much bigger, and so funding won't be such a problem. I'm sure there will be many places willing to help you!

Quick Reply

Latest