When to start intense revision for mock AS exams in Summer? Watch

Pamplemousse19
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As you may know, many schools have scrapped AS exams. It's great for those wanting a 'year off', but not so great for anxious people like myself! We have mock AS exams in summer, from which our predicted grades will be obtained, but I'm not sure when to properly start revising.

If I start now, I'll be too over-prepared and the content will become monotonous, but I don't want to start too late!

Let me know if you're in the same situation, and what you're doing about it! Thank you.
Appleorpear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"If I start now, I'll be too over-prepared and the content will become monotonous, but I don't want to start too late!"

Better than feeling under prepared and stressed out.

Depends on who you are. Some people like to space things out. Some people like a bit of pressure and would get exhausted if they revise from now to July.
Pamplemousse19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Appleorpear)
"If I start now, I'll be too over-prepared and the content will become monotonous, but I don't want to start too late!"

Better than feeling under prepared and stressed out.

Depends on who you are. Some people like to space things out. Some people like a bit of pressure and would get exhausted if they revise from now to July.
When revising for my GCSEs, I started intense revision from the Easter holidays. I will probably start looking back at old topics during Easter (I have been making revision resources as the year progresses). Thank you!
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pamplemousse19)
As you may know, many schools have scrapped AS exams. It's great for those wanting a 'year off', but not so great for anxious people like myself! We have mock AS exams in summer, from which our predicted grades will be obtained, but I'm not sure when to properly start revising.

If I start now, I'll be too over-prepared and the content will become monotonous, but I don't want to start too late!

Let me know if you're in the same situation, and what you're doing about it! Thank you.
Start when the Easter holidays begin.

That's the best time to revise without burning out and being exhausted.
Pamplemousse19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
Start when the Easter holidays begin.

That's the best time to revise without burning out and being exhausted.
Sounds good!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed