Turn on thread page Beta

Procrastination = GCSE revision watch

ReputationRep:

It's Easter, which means it is nearly GCSEs! (internal scream) Therefore, I thought it was time to actually start doing revision. Yet the world gets in the way, well I say the world, more like snapchat to be honest. So I am starting this thread in the hope that we can stress each other out to the extent we actually revise. As they say, the only way is up!

ReputationRep:
    So relatable, I’m meant to be doing revision for a mock I have on Tuesday but I’ve been messing about with snapchat filters for the last 20 minutes
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    So today is a Sunday, and I have a week of school left. Therefore, I thought I better start getting all my supplies. I am fed up with boring notes, I want colour, diagrams, and I want them to look they have just come straight off Tumblr. (who doesn't) So, I plan on investing in a bullet journal and a bucket load of coloured pens - there goes this months pay...

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation (damn sc)! At the start of the day, I'm all like yeah I'm going to be so productive, but by the end I feel so unmotivated and fatigued, revision is the last thing on my mind.

I keep thinking of the long-term benefits, but I need something short-term to really push me to do some work.

Good luck in your exams!!

ReputationRep:
    So basically, my friend has inspired me. Over the last few days or so, I have started a bullet journal. Honestly, it is tumblr worthy. At first I was sceptial, but honestly it so worth it. It basically meant i learned gow to do basic caligraphy which I have used to create a revision planner. Being organised has helped me so much to get the motivation I need.

ReputationRep:
    Today I finally start revisng. How much I do I don't know. I got this great app called OFFTIME on my android phone and it literally blocks snapchat from the times I put in. Let's hope I'm more productive!

ReputationRep:
    Same but what results are u aiming for anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freshyeezys01)
    Same but what results are u aiming for anyway?
    I'm aiming high - hoping to get at least one 9, but we are the guinea pig year so who knows.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried uploading some photos of my setup - but it keeps rejecting them - so I will have to try and tell you all about how I revise instead.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's hard, but get your parents to hide your phone. There's also sites that allow you to block certain websites for a certain amount of time. I wish I'd done this when I was studying for GCSEs last year, but I was just too attached to my phone. It'll be worth it in the long term - for now, treat your phone as a reward rather than a necessity

Best of luck, just imagine how you'll feel when you get the grades you wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  C02E8C1B-1968-4933-AE0D-3C5B06068063.jpg.jpeg
Views: 41
Size:  42.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    This is basically my set up. I try and avoid using my iPad for the spec and things as it is just too easy to get distracted. I basically make these little books from flash cards and washi tape so that they can be all colour coded. It also makes it easier to split them into sections as it is easier to find what you need quickly. I love using the thin staedtler pens and colour is my best friend.

ReputationRep:
    I don’t know what do guys, I was supposed to revise French and chemistry today but I only done a bit of French

ReputationRep:
    This week my aim is to get as many past papers done as I can. The struggle is real though - they just take so long, like you need a good two hours or so to do an English Langauge paper and it sucks. I honeslty just don't feel like I have enough time left. Help!

ReputationRep:
    Too relatable. I set my timer to work but then watch "one more episode" before starting work. **** skins its acc too addictive

ReputationRep:
    Someone please help, I’ve done little revision all easter holidays I turned 16 yesterday and I have no revision now whatsoever because I didn’t do anything for the past few days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganGracexoxox)
    Someone please help, I’ve done little revision all easter holidays I turned 16 yesterday and I have no revision now whatsoever because I didn’t do anything for the past few days
    same sisss (but my birthdays in august) I've done 4 hours during easter break and mine is almost over (been going on for 3 weeks- and the revisioni did w as garbage) and my first exam is in 25 days [s]afraid[s/] lets stress together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5h5)
    same sisss (but my birthdays in august) I've done 4 hours during easter break and mine is almost over (been going on for 3 weeks- and the revisioni did w as garbage) and my first exam is in 25 days [s]afraid[s/] lets stress together
    Yesssss I’ve still got two modules to write and memorise for my french speaking exam on the 9/10th of May. Such stress such little motivation to get it done oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganGracexoxox)
    Yesssss I’ve still got two modules to write and memorise for my french speaking exam on the 9/10th of May. Such stress such little motivation to get it done oops
    idk what a module is akakak but I have a load of spanish homework that I've lost a past paper to do for biology and a booklet for English to complete- and revision to start :afraid: don't worry your not alone and apparently its more common than you think. there are tons of people who haven't done any revision going into their exams at all but I wouldn't recommend that. at this point using Seneca, doing past paper questions and for subjects that arent provided by revision guides/seneca id read a page of the notes/ do past paper questions; jot down everything I remember and look through the notes again to see if I missed anything. if I did then id write those on a different piece of paper and read them every day until I remember

but thats just me, and ill hopefully start revision tomorrow. I wrote down a plan and other stuff here if it helps but anyway don't paniccc because theres no point. just do whatever revision you can; push yourself in the next few weeks and you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5h5)
    idk what a module is akakak but I have a load of spanish homework that I've lost a past paper to do for biology and a booklet for English to complete- and revision to start :afraid: don't worry your not alone and apparently its more common than you think. there are tons of people who haven't done any revision going into their exams at all but I wouldn't recommend that. at this point using Seneca, doing past paper questions and for subjects that arent provided by revision guides/seneca id read a page of the notes/ do past paper questions; jot down everything I remember and look through the notes again to see if I missed anything. if I did then id write those on a different piece of paper and read them every day until I remember

but thats just me, and ill hopefully start revision tomorrow. I wrote down a plan and other stuff here if it helps but anyway don't paniccc because theres no point. just do whatever revision you can; push yourself in the next few weeks and you should be fine
    I hope so, I need to crack on with revision but once I’m home I’m so tired it seems nearly impossible. Definitely need to start going to bed earlier. What’s Seneca?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.