The Student Room Group

Selecting University for Graphic Design

Hello,
I need to decide which of the Universities will be the best choice:

Graphic Design at Coventry University
Graphic Design at University of Derby
Graphic Communication at University of South Wales

Is there anyone who would like to give me an advice or could anyone tell me pros and cons?

Thank you!
Gabi
Reply 1
Original post by gabriela_pq
Hello,
I need to decide which of the Universities will be the best choice:

Graphic Design at Coventry University
Graphic Design at University of Derby
Graphic Communication at University of South Wales

Is there anyone who would like to give me an advice or could anyone tell me pros and cons?

Thank you!
Gabi

I can't help much as I haven't researched into any of these, but I applied for graphic design too and I believe going to open days or visiting in general really helps. What one has better facilities for you? Is distance a problem for you? Do you like the locations? What modules do you prefer? What university connected with you when visiting the most? How are the accommodations? Is there work experience included? Look into their alumni and if stats concern you, i believe unistats does a comparing system. ( https://unistats.ac.uk/Compare-Courses )
Reply 2
Original post by abbynub
I can't help much as I haven't researched into any of these, but I applied for graphic design too and I believe going to open days or visiting in general really helps. What one has better facilities for you? Is distance a problem for you? Do you like the locations? What modules do you prefer? What university connected with you when visiting the most? How are the accommodations? Is there work experience included? Look into their alumni and if stats concern you, i believe unistats does a comparing system. ( https://unistats.ac.uk/Compare-Courses )

Cardiff seems to be the best choice for life but I guess living there would be much more expensive than living in Derby or Coventry. However, University of South Wales offers a scholarship £2000. It's in my first year only, but anyway, it changes the situation a lot. Coventry is a small city but has a good strategic location so traveling there from the Czech Republic would be easier and cheaper.
League tables of the best universities for Art & Design tell me that Coventry should be the best (20th in 2018), but some people said that Derby or USW would offer me much more. Unfortunately, I only have a few days left to decide so visiting the open day is not possible right now.
Reply 3
Original post by gabriela_pq
Cardiff seems to be the best choice for life but I guess living there would be much more expensive than living in Derby or Coventry. However, University of South Wales offers a scholarship £2000. It's in my first year only, but anyway, it changes the situation a lot. Coventry is a small city but has a good strategic location so traveling there from the Czech Republic would be easier and cheaper.
League tables of the best universities for Art & Design tell me that Coventry should be the best (20th in 2018), but some people said that Derby or USW would offer me much more. Unfortunately, I only have a few days left to decide so visiting the open day is not possible right now.

Do the universities give online tours? I know falmouth does that, if not maybe look up the location and accommodation on google maps. League tables arent that trustful as different sites say different things, most people say the guardian isnt that trustful but thats from others saying. From my viewpoint if expenses is your main worry you can find part time jobs to help with costs and usually private accommodation is cheaper than halls. Id look into reviews on unistats from previous students too.

Quick Reply