The Student Room Group

Opinions?

I really don't know where I stand with this girl. I'm a girl, she's a girl.

For a while now we have known each other (a year to be exact). Since Christmas time we started hanging out with each other outside of work.

If I was to describe our relationship, I would say it is "confusing". Ever since I met her we have flirted with each other, and she intentionally tries to get my attention all the time.

It's unusual because when i'm around other friends it is so very different. There's no flirting going on, no visible chemistry, and no tension. I'm comfortable knowing nothing else would happen with them.

When i'm with her as I say its like she's leading me on all the time. Always wants to be around me/hang out, touches me, gives me intense eye contact, and tells me she misses me/is sad when i'm not at work.

I have no idea what her sexual orientation is and have never asked. So far as I know i'm "straight" but could be bi-curious. She's mentioned boys before but has admitted to never dating any, saying she finds them weird when they hit on her etc. She gets really jealous when she hears i'm hanging out with someone other than her...like if I mention another girl or boy.

The other day she messaged me saying that I am her "friend, friend, friend" (in those exact words) and that she didn't start seeing me until November time.

If she would have said just "you are my friend" I would have understood there was nothing else to our relationship but friendship. But when she said "you are my friend, friend, friend" and "seeing me" this just confused me.

From the text I got the impression she was trying to me that she likes me more than just a "friend". Doesn't "seeing me" mean she thinks we are dating?

Am I going crazy...does anyone know what she is trying to hint? I really don't know what to do, or say.

I like her but I don't want to imply i'm gay for her (if that makes sense).

The thing is next week i'm supposed to be going on a date with a guy. I said yes to a date with this guy because I thought there was nothing going to happen with her. I'd sort of moved on and thought we were just friends nothing more.

Now i'm just not sure. Help me :frown:
Be honest! If she’s nice about it she is genuinely a good mate, if she’s not then she probably isn’t unfortunately!

Good luck for the date
Reply 2
Original post by JazzyKang97
Be honest! If she’s nice about it she is genuinely a good mate, if she’s not then she probably isn’t unfortunately!

Good luck for the date

Thanks! Do you think I should tell her i'm going on a date with someone to see her reaction? If she has genuinely convinced herself i'm seeing her... I don't want to rub this new guy in her face.
I wouldn’t tell her to spite her? Just tell her you are going on a date to see what this guy is like etc, and if she reacts well she will be happy for you, if she’s upset ask her to be honest as to why she’s upset because you’ve been honest and if she’s angry she could be jealous and no one needs a jealous person in their life?

Just be honest, be happy and be pure! If you lie or wish bad then you may have a guilty conscious and blame yourself x
Reply 4
Original post by JazzyKang97
I wouldn’t tell her to spite her? Just tell her you are going on a date to see what this guy is like etc, and if she reacts well she will be happy for you, if she’s upset ask her to be honest as to why she’s upset because you’ve been honest and if she’s angry she could be jealous and no one needs a jealous person in their life?

Just be honest, be happy and be pure! If you lie or wish bad then you may have a guilty conscious and blame yourself x

Thank you for your advice. I think I will drop it subtly about this guy...even though I probably won't see her in person to tell her. She will probably see it on my Snap story or whatever. If she questions who the person is I will know she is jealous. Before she has told me numerous times that she has been jealous of people I hang around with. I just told her that we all know she is jealous :wink: She's like "who was that in your Insta story?" etc.

For example if i'm with my friends on shift she will not come over. She will walk by me intentionally (i'm pretty sure) and not say anything. Later on she will text me and try and have a conversation by phone. When i'm alone though its different...she's straight over trying to get my undivided attention????
She probably is jealous, but don’t let that make you any less of a person by doing things to spite her, you just be happy with what you’re doing and the right things follow ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending