Izzymepstead
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I’ll hopefully be going to Royal Holloway this year and I’m having trouble deciding whether to put Reid or Founders as my first choice accommodation. I’ve looked at both and founders is obviously beautiful so I’m inclined to choose it, but I’m not sure how much trouble sharing a bathroom will be. My other issue is that in founders you don’t get 4-5 flat mates like you would in other halls, so I’m worried that since there are more people, it will be harder to make friends quickly as everyone is spread out and has more options. A student ambassador who moved from Reid to Founders told me that she found Founders a lot more sociable and she much preferred it there, but my cousin (who had stayed in neither but has friends from both) thinks I should choose Reid. If anyone has any advice or experiences to share I would appreciate it - thank you!
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Izzymepstead)
Hi, I’ll hopefully be going to Royal Holloway this year and I’m having trouble deciding whether to put Reid or Founders as my first choice accommodation. I’ve looked at both and founders is obviously beautiful so I’m inclined to choose it, but I’m not sure how much trouble sharing a bathroom will be. My other issue is that in founders you don’t get 4-5 flat mates like you would in other halls, so I’m worried that since there are more people, it will be harder to make friends quickly as everyone is spread out and has more options. A student ambassador who moved from Reid to Founders told me that she found Founders a lot more sociable and she much preferred it there, but my cousin (who had stayed in neither but has friends from both) thinks I should choose Reid. If anyone has any advice or experiences to share I would appreciate it - thank you!
Hi Izzymepstead,

Congratulations, we hope to see you in September!

I lived in Kingswood in my first year and it was one of my favorite parts of my university experience.

The shared bathrooms in Founder's are cleaned throughout the week and as everyone will have different schedules, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a free bathroom.

When you first arrive, you'll have the opportunity to meet with other new students during Welcome Week and this is a great opportunity to meet your new flatmates as well - no matter how many! I kept my door propped open for the first few days so I could get to know my new flatmates and allow people to pop into my room for a chat. I'm really glad I did because my flatmates from first year are still some of my closest friends today.

No matter which accommodation you choose, you can decide what you want to get out of your Hall of Residence.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Susana
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.94%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.73%

Watched Threads