The Student Room Group

Making revision notes

When making revision notes, do you write what you already know?
Original post by sweetstars
When making revision notes, do you write what you already know?

I would, but maybe just in less detail than the stuff i do know :smile:
Original post by PU_Student
I would, but maybe just in less detail than the stuff i do know :smile:

Thank you, also how do you condense notes? I seem to find everything to be necessary...
watch a youtube video on how to make cornell notes this is the best way to revise
i tend to look at things that link together and write the bare bones of that, also I may write questions for myself to answer. I used to write everything down, but then realised i didn't need to, i had to learn to condense information down so i started to trust myself that i knew the answer and that I knew the information to go with it.
E.g:
I might write:
transverse waves: oscillations perpendicular to diretion of movement
e.g. light waves
Longitudinal waves: oscillations parallel to directon of movement
name some examples

Then when i read through them i would name some examples...

Also if i was doing a topic like photosynthesis, i may just write the equation and then underneath (seeing as i know all the information i needed) i would write question words like "what?" "why?" "how?". If i could recite these whilst i was going through my notes, then i knew it and could put more attention to something else :smile: hope that helps x
Original post by WolfsBane09
watch a youtube video on how to make cornell notes this is the best way to revise

Thank you, I'll check it out.
Original post by PU_Student
i tend to look at things that link together and write the bare bones of that, also I may write questions for myself to answer. I used to write everything down, but then realised i didn't need to, i had to learn to condense information down so i started to trust myself that i knew the answer and that I knew the information to go with it.
E.g:
I might write:
transverse waves: oscillations perpendicular to diretion of movement
e.g. light waves
Longitudinal waves: oscillations parallel to directon of movement
name some examples

Then when i read through them i would name some examples...

Also if i was doing a topic like photosynthesis, i may just write the equation and then underneath (seeing as i know all the information i needed) i would write question words like "what?" "why?" "how?". If i could recite these whilst i was going through my notes, then i knew it and could put more attention to something else :smile: hope that helps x

Thank you!! ^^

Quick Reply

Latest