KaranBatth1993
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I have a place to read for a one-year MPhil course in 2018/2019 (starting 1 October 2018). I'm a UK national and this will be my first postgraduate degree. What date will postgraduate loan applications open? Am I right in thinking the applications will open in late June 2018?

I tried to apply today through the account I held as an undergraduate, but a window popped-up saying I can't be offered funding yet.

Also, is it possible to get all the money in one payment at the start of the course? I read it's split into thirds across the year.

Thanks in advance,

Karan
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KaranBatth1993)
Hello,

I have a place to read for a one-year MPhil course in 2018/2019 (starting 1 October 2018). I'm a UK national and this will be my first postgraduate degree. What date will postgraduate loan applications open? Am I right in thinking the applications will open in late June 2018?

I tried to apply today through the account I held as an undergraduate, but a window popped-up saying I can't be offered funding yet.

Also, is it possible to get all the money in one payment at the start of the course? I read it's split into thirds across the year.

Thanks in advance,

Karan
No official date has been announced but it’s likely to be June or so.

You can’t get it paid in a single installment.
KaranBatth1993
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks for the reply - that’s really useful.
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KaranBatth1993)
Hello,

Thanks in advance,

Karan
Hi Karan,

Applications for the Postgraduate Loan for academic year 2018/19 will open around May/June but as yet we do not have a confirmed date.

We will update the website and all social media channels when available.

If can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter,

http:/twitter.com/SF_Twitter
http://www.facebook.com/SFEngland

The loan for 2018/19 academic year is £10,609 over the duration of the course.

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise