The Student Room Group

Friends falling out over debate

My friends have a group chat that we use for memes and polls. Everyone is allowed to express their own opinions, but apparently I'm not. I love them all, but they ignore my opinions if they disagree, and try to "prove" me wrong to be expressing my own views. I never would do the same to them, and I guess they know that :'( . Anyone else have this issue?
Why not talk to them and tell them what you've told us? Communication is key.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Why not talk to them and tell them what you've told us? Communication is key.

I have honestly tried but they never seem to listen. It's as if I'm not allowed to talk or they will no longer be my friend
Original post by Bethal.Price
I have honestly tried but they never seem to listen. It's as if I'm not allowed to talk or they will no longer be my friend

I wouldn't call them friends.
My friends have a group chat that we use for memes and polls. Everyone is allowed to express their own opinions, but apparently I'm not. I love them all, but they ignore my opinions if they disagree, and try to "prove" me wrong to be expressing my own views. I never would do the same to them, and I guess they know that :'( . Anyone else have this issue?

all the time,b. Talk to them. If you've got a chat to express your views surely you can do it face to face as well... Let us know how it goes babe xx
Original post by Becky_May
all the time,b. Talk to them. If you've got a chat to express your views surely you can do it face to face as well... Let us know how it goes babe xx

Spoke to them today. Just got they "why are you making a huge fuss" lecture and told off for the fact I disagreed with them
Spoke to them today. Just got they "why are you making a huge fuss" lecture and told off for the fact I disagreed with them

Maybe they aren't the best friends in the world then b. Try branching out into a new friendshiop group. Sorry the advice didn't work honey xx
Original post by Becky_May
Maybe they aren't the best friends in the world then b. Try branching out into a new friendshiop group. Sorry the advice didn't work honey xx

Thank you so much for trying :smile: I'm just gonna leave them to simmer in their own minds. Maybe a resolution can come in time :smile: Again, thank you for the advice xx

the very definition of a friend is 'a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection,'

I dont know about you but one word sticks out to me

you might be afraid that you wont be as happy being with other people/being alone, but that doesnt justify being treated like this currently, you deserve 'better' even if you don't know what or who 'better' is - move on from them :holmes:
Thank you so much for trying :smile: I'm just gonna leave them to simmer in their own minds. Maybe a resolution can come in time :smile: Again, thank you for the advice xx

No prob babe xx Any time xx

Quick Reply

Latest