AQA A Level History 1J The British Empire, c1857–1967 7042/1J - 06 Jun 2018 Watch

CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi guys! Who's taking the exam on The British Empire this year? How are you feeling about it?

You can find some AQA A-Level History resources here and the AQA subject content guide here
Last edited by CoolCavy; 6 months ago
ravenboys
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I am so not prepared, l feel like l know nothing
PrincessGrace123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yay! Me too! Empire is so hard! What do you think is going to come up? xx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ravenboys
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I think they are gonna give us something to do with India and the nationalist movements or the Suez crisis. I am hoping for something to do with the roles of individuals coz l actually know that. I am currently in the middle of making this massive chart my teacher suggested that summarises all the topics across the periods
jjhoney_josh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I didn't think that paper was too bad, definitely not the worst. That first essay question was so good in particular! What did everyone else make of it?
a-mariaa28
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i thought it was good! i chose the economic question and the attitudes question! what did everyone else go for??
CarefreeDreams
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I can't believe we actually have a page finally for this topic- soo happy!

And guys I had like a breakdown yesterday because I felt like I had too much content to go through, but the questions were soooo good!

Like the extracts were lovely and I picked the How significant was the pursuit of wealth in British involvement in Africa between 1857 to 1890? and Between 1947 to 1967, Britain lost interest in its Empire?

I never thought I could ever talk confidently about trade and commerce and trends and migration but I did!

I'm sure it went well for all you guys too, and we have paper 2 next week, so if you didn't think you did as well this one, revise and smash the next!
Last edited by CarefreeDreams; 4 months ago
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ravenboys)
I think they are gonna give us something to do with India and the nationalist movements or the Suez crisis. I am hoping for something to do with the roles of individuals coz l actually know that. I am currently in the middle of making this massive chart my teacher suggested that summarises all the topics across the periods
Wow, great predictions!
Mdnabeel_1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I did the essay about chamberlain attempts to strengthen the British empire I wrote about the failures of the 1897 & 1902 Colonial Conferences then I talked about the the formation of the Tariff Reform League in 1906 which led to the loss in the general election in 1906 which were all his weak attempts to strengthen empire but his success in the Boer war where he was seen as a national hero which led to the conservatives victory in the khaki election in 1900 were his only successes. Is this is right or anything to add on?
ravenboys
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jjhoney_josh)
I didn't think that paper was too bad, definitely not the worst. That first essay question was so good in particular! What did everyone else make of it?
(Original post by CarefreeDreams)
Wow, great predictions!
Thank you. I am actually surprised l got it partly right. The paper was so good.
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you. I am actually surprised l got it partly right. The paper was so good.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it- I feel embarrassed for having my freak out yesterday- guess its the exam stress. I hope Paper 2 goes well too!

What is your depth study? Mine is Louis XIV: The Sun King
CarefreeDreams
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Also, what questions did you do?
ravenboys
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by CarefreeDreams)
Yeah, I really enjoyed it- I feel embarrassed for having my freak out yesterday- guess its the exam stress. I hope Paper 2 goes well too!

What is your depth study? Mine is Louis XIV: The Sun King
I was completely freaking out today. U had a mechanics paper in the morning so l had to switch from having a maths brain to a history one. Mine is on the birth of the USA
jjhoney_josh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Anyone doing Fascist Italy as their depth paper?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
amourx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I was completely freaking out today. U had a mechanics paper in the morning so l had to switch from having a maths brain to a history one. Mine is on the birth of the USA
hey im doing birth of USA too!! what do you think the questions might be? You predicted the Empire questions well hahah
a-mariaa28
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
is anyone doing cold war for paper two??
annamonti14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by a-mariaa28)
is anyone doing cold war for paper two??
I am, so unsure what will come up lol
a-mariaa28
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by annamonti14)
I am, so unsure what will come up lol
i’m really hoping that detente doesn’t come up!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

think I'm a brilliant applicant (524)
36.8%
are desperate for students (900)
63.2%

Watched Threads