Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A Level History 1J The British Empire, c1857–1967 7042/1J - 06 Jun 2018 watch

• Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Hi guys! Who's taking the exam on The British Empire this year? How are you feeling about it?

You can find some AQA A-Level History resources here and the AQA subject content guide here

ReputationRep:
    I am so not prepared, l feel like l know nothing

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Me too! Empire is so hard! What do you think is going to come up? xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think they are gonna give us something to do with India and the nationalist movements or the Suez crisis. I am hoping for something to do with the roles of individuals coz l actually know that. I am currently in the middle of making this massive chart my teacher suggested that summarises all the topics across the periods

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think that paper was too bad, definitely not the worst. That first essay question was so good in particular! What did everyone else make of it?

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was good! i chose the economic question and the attitudes question! what did everyone else go for??

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe we actually have a page finally for this topic- soo happy!

And guys I had like a breakdown yesterday because I felt like I had too much content to go through, but the questions were soooo good!

Like the extracts were lovely and I picked the How significant was the pursuit of wealth in British involvement in Africa between 1857 to 1890? and Between 1947 to 1967, Britain lost interest in its Empire?

I never thought I could ever talk confidently about trade and commerce and trends and migration but I did!

I'm sure it went well for all you guys too, and we have paper 2 next week, so if you didn't think you did as well this one, revise and smash the next!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravenboys)
    I think they are gonna give us something to do with India and the nationalist movements or the Suez crisis. I am hoping for something to do with the roles of individuals coz l actually know that. I am currently in the middle of making this massive chart my teacher suggested that summarises all the topics across the periods
    Wow, great predictions!

ReputationRep:
    I did the essay about chamberlain attempts to strengthen the British empire I wrote about the failures of the 1897 & 1902 Colonial Conferences then I talked about the the formation of the Tariff Reform League in 1906 which led to the loss in the general election in 1906 which were all his weak attempts to strengthen empire but his success in the Boer war where he was seen as a national hero which led to the conservatives victory in the khaki election in 1900 were his only successes. Is this is right or anything to add on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjhoney_josh)
    I didn't think that paper was too bad, definitely not the worst. That first essay question was so good in particular! What did everyone else make of it?
    (Original post by CarefreeDreams)
    Wow, great predictions!
    Thank you. I am actually surprised l got it partly right. The paper was so good.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I am actually surprised l got it partly right. The paper was so good.
    Yeah, I really enjoyed it- I feel embarrassed for having my freak out yesterday- guess its the exam stress. I hope Paper 2 goes well too!

What is your depth study? Mine is Louis XIV: The Sun King

ReputationRep:
    Also, what questions did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarefreeDreams)
    Yeah, I really enjoyed it- I feel embarrassed for having my freak out yesterday- guess its the exam stress. I hope Paper 2 goes well too!

What is your depth study? Mine is Louis XIV: The Sun King
    I was completely freaking out today. U had a mechanics paper in the morning so l had to switch from having a maths brain to a history one. Mine is on the birth of the USA

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Fascist Italy as their depth paper?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I was completely freaking out today. U had a mechanics paper in the morning so l had to switch from having a maths brain to a history one. Mine is on the birth of the USA
    hey im doing birth of USA too!! what do you think the questions might be? You predicted the Empire questions well hahah

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing cold war for paper two??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a-mariaa28)
    is anyone doing cold war for paper two??
    I am, so unsure what will come up lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annamonti14)
    I am, so unsure what will come up lol
    i’m really hoping that detente doesn’t come up!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2018

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.