The Student Room Group

Miriam’s Road to A*s

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
17/05/18

This morning I sat my Chemistry exam, and I am possibly the happiest person alive. I understood all of the questions, and if I lose any marks it will probably be for a calculation error, incorrect spelling or just missing a point. Chemistry is by far my favourite science, so I feel extra proud that I knew all of the content for the exam. The QER was on the Contact Process, and I’m so glad that it was. Some of my peers didn’t like the exam, but I suppose different questions suit different types of people. I didn’t find the Biology paper too difficult, but the Chemistry paper definitely suited me more.

How did anyone else find it? Whichever exam board.
I don't get why people found the chemistry paper so hard today. I did likely make a lot of errors on the last question though. I just remember writing 0.0125 down a lot.
Reply 22
Original post by Lewianter
I don't get why people found the chemistry paper so hard today. I did likely make a lot of errors on the last question though. I just remember writing 0.0125 down a lot.

I used 0.0125 as well. I think I made an error somewhere in the last one, because my end result (76mg) doesn’t seem right. But I won’t lose all of the marks because I have the correct equations
...that definitely wasn't my answer. Ah well.
Reply 24

What was yours? Mine is definitely incorrect.
Reply 25
i

I think I accidentally thought that there are 100 mg in a g, when there are actually 1000.
Ah actually I got 760, but then did some more stuff and ended up doubling it cause I ended up with 1520? It's pretty odd. I don't know what I did but I know it wasn't right.
Reply 27
Ah actually I got 760, but then did some more stuff and ended up doubling it cause I ended up with 1520? It's pretty odd. I don't know what I did but I know it wasn't right.

Maybe you didn’t use the correct mol? The mol of one was 0.0125, but the ratio of the other was half of that because the ratio was 2:1.
Original post by MiriamButcher
17/05/18

This morning I sat my Chemistry exam, and I am possibly the happiest person alive. I understood all of the questions, and if I lose any marks it will probably be for a calculation error, incorrect spelling or just missing a point. Chemistry is by far my favourite science, so I feel extra proud that I knew all of the content for the exam. The QER was on the Contact Process, and I’m so glad that it was. Some of my peers didn’t like the exam, but I suppose different questions suit different types of people. I didn’t find the Biology paper too difficult, but the Chemistry paper definitely suited me more.

How did anyone else find it? Whichever exam board.

:woo:
that's amazing!
oh and :hello:
Reply 29
Original post by laurawatt
:woo:
that's amazing!
oh and :hello:

I’m definitely as calm about Physics though. It is definitely my worst science.
I’m definitely as calm about Physics though. It is definitely my worst science.

yay physics is my worst science too! :five:
Reply 31
yay physics is my worst science too! :five:

I haven’t been revising it much because of Bio and Chem, but these next few days will be hardcore Physics and English revision days.
I haven’t been revising it much because of Bio and Chem, but these next few days will be hardcore Physics and English revision days.

ughhh physics and english :afraid:
what exam board are you doing for music? i'm doing edexcel :smile:
Reply 33
ughhh physics and english :afraid:
what exam board are you doing for music? i'm doing edexcel :smile:

All of my exams are with the WJEC. The music spec isn’t that difficult for me because I did my grade 5 music theory exam three years ago. I’m not very good at dictation, but I’m getting better. How many compositions did you have to submit? I had to submit two.
All of my exams are with the WJEC. The music spec isn’t that difficult for me because I did my grade 5 music theory exam three years ago. I’m not very good at dictation, but I’m getting better. How many compositions did you have to submit? I had to submit two.

I will have done my grade 5 cello exam by next year (year 11) but had never done an theory before i started this year - however i'm learning it really fast and enjoying it a lot!
Intervals aren't my strongest point :smile:
We have to submit 2 compositions too :biggrin:
Reply 35
I will have done my grade 5 cello exam by next year (year 11) but had never done an theory before i started this year - however i'm learning it really fast and enjoying it a lot!
Intervals aren't my strongest point :smile:
We have to submit 2 compositions too :biggrin:

With practise you’ll be able to learn intervals. So you’re in Year 10? In Year 10 I messed around with compositional work. I composed three pieces in Year 10 and submitted none of them this year. The best course of action is to keep a progress log of your composition development to make the write-up easier. I hope your cello exam goes well. I’m currently working towards my Grade 7 violin exam (and it’s not going well) and I’m about to start working towards my Grade 7 piano exam.
With practise you’ll be able to learn intervals. So you’re in Year 10? In Year 10 I messed around with compositional work. I composed three pieces in Year 10 and submitted none of them this year. The best course of action is to keep a progress log of your composition development to make the write-up easier. I hope your cello exam goes well. I’m currently working towards my Grade 7 violin exam (and it’s not going well) and I’m about to start working towards my Grade 7 piano exam.

:yes:
yup year 10 :smile:
i don't think we have to do write up - or if we do i don't think we've been told about it!
thank you, and good luck for both of yours!! :biggrin:
Reply 37
23/05/18

Today I sat my Physics exam, and I’m pleasantly surprised. I’m usually not very good at Physics in comparison to Chemistry and Biology, but this exam was pretty easy. None of the calculations were complicated and the QER was simple.

Tomorrow I have my Maths and RS exams, and I’m feeling okay for them. I haven’t revised that much for either because I don’t feel that I needed to. I’ll memorise a few quotes from the Bible and Qu’ran tonight, but I know quite a few from last year and the RS exam is just common sense really. For maths I need to look over circle theorems and proportion one more time.
:woo: well done!!
good luck for tomorrow :grin: you'll smash them :hugs:
Reply 39
:woo: well done!!
good luck for tomorrow :grin: you'll smash them :hugs:

Thanks! I’ll try my best. After this week I have a nice week of no exams, so I’ll just look forward to that.

Quick Reply

Latest