Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by youben2025)
What are the list of topics coming in:
→ Paper 1
→ Paper 2
→ Paper 3
If you're talking about the final gcse no one knows, while you might have been doing this or been able to do this for mocks which includes myself, you won't be able to for the actual ones. Nearer the time there might be a prediction of topics for certain exam board but it will not be definite.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
→ Paper 1
→ Paper 2
→ Paper 3
Just about any topic can appear on any paper. A few things tend to appear on non calculator papers, e.g. Simple %, Surds, Indices, Arithmetic with integers, decimals and fractions, Exact trigonometry values, Trigonometry graphs and transformations. A few things like iteration, reverse %, compound growth/decay, quadratic formula, trigonometry with any angle, tend to appear on a calculator paper.
Iahmed512
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gdunne42)
Just about any topic can appear on any paper. A few things tend to appear on non calculator papers, e.g. Simple %, Surds, Indices, Arithmetic with integers, decimals and fractions, Exact trigonometry values, Trigonometry graphs and transformations. A few things like iteration, reverse %, compound growth/decay, quadratic formula, trigonometry with any angle, tend to appear on a calculator paper.
They also didn't mention if they're talking about foundation or higher but it's most likely higher. Whole most of what you are saying is quite true, even quadratic formula could come up on non calculator but you would leave answer in simplest surd form, as you said exact trigonometric values however you could be asked to use them with trigonometry but to find a side on non calculator.
Iahmed512
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
→ Paper 1
→ Paper 2
→ Paper 3
While no one knows the topics and any could come up on paper 2 and 3, exam boards do tend to have certain questions quite common, with aqa probability questions including Venn Diagrams appear often, even with the new spec some questions do still come up and the same type of question could still come up, which is another reason why past papers and practice papers are helpful.
isobel1717
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how do you transform one shape onto another
Iahmed512
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by isobel1717)
how do you transform one shape onto another
This thread, isn't about that, but what exactly do you mean. Transform in maths can mean enlarge(negative or fractional) , rotate, translate, or reflect.
youben2025
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Iahmed512)
They also didn't mention if they're talking about foundation or higher but it's most likely higher. Whole most of what you are saying is quite true, even quadratic formula could come up on non calculator but you would leave answer in simplest surd form, as you said exact trigonometric values however you could be asked to use them with trigonometry but to find a side on non calculator.
Everyone in my school has to do higher
Iahmed512
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Everyone in my school has to do higher
What's your exam board then?
On YouTube some channels are starting to have predicted topics likely to come up, there's currently only one for edexcel paper 1 foundation and higher.
Obfuscated
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
mathsgenie.co.uk
Iahmed512
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Obfuscated)
mathsgenie.co.uk
??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.17%
I'm not sure (59)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (375)
29.37%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (625)
48.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise