Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in year 11 and am constantly worried I haven't been doing enough work. How much revision is current year 11 students doing and how much do you think is enough to get good grades?

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 11 too and haven't been doing any revising and i'm most probably going to fail so if your revising your doing fine .

ReputationRep:
    i’m doing about an hour a night, n in that, 1 subject/topic per night. got 7s/8s in mocks a few weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    Not enough, if you go off the advice of any of my teachers. I do around 2 hours per day and 3 at weekends- I know some of my friends are doing 5-6 hours a day and are despairing, unsurprisingly. I think what I'm doing is enough though.

ReputationRep:
    Man i haven't even completed writing up notes for a single subject yet. I started this month ;//////

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)
    Man i haven't even completed writing up notes for a single subject yet. I started this month ;//////
    Your not the only one , Im not done yet either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raqeen)
    Your not the only one , Im not done yet either
    Thank god.

I want to get my notes done by the end of this month so I can do past paper questions in April, but clearly that probably isn't going to happen ;cc

ReputationRep:
    I feel I’m not doing enough, I try to do an hour or so a night, but I’m so busy......

ReputationRep:
    Im personally doing 3 hours a night and 4, sometimes 5 hours at the weekends. Although I’ve just started revising this intensely, I was doing about an 1 hour a night before. I passed 8/11 of my mocks with most at grade 4 and a few at 5 and one grade 6. Now aiming for at least 5’s and 6s, maybe 1 or two 7s, the mocks were not what I was hoping for.

ReputationRep:
    I do revision whenever I feel motivated enough. If I force myself to sit down and revise for hours then I know nothing will actually be remembered and I’ll just be wasting time. Don’t stress too much about revision. Just start as early as you can and keep yourself motivated to do well 👍 Some good advice is to make flashcards whenever you can. They’re quick and easy to make and you can take 10-15 minutes a day to go through them for some quick casual revising when you don’t really feel like writing anything or doing past papers 🙂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugebrain)
    I am currently in year 11 and am constantly worried I haven't been doing enough work. How much revision is current year 11 students doing and how much do you think is enough to get good grades?
    You're deeping it too much.

Bro, most people didn't even start revising till Easter holidays started when i did my GCSEs.

I personally started revising the week before and for some subjects i did it the night before and barely aced ( 2 Cs 4 Bs 3 As) the exams.

ReputationRep:
    I do about 2 hours a night at most and have done so for roughly the past two weeks. I didn’t revise at all for my mock exams and I passed them all with the majority at 7 and one 8 and 2 9’s. For some reason, I learn well by talking about what I am revising and by doing quizzes. Hope that helps 😇

ReputationRep:
    literally done bugger all. lowest i got in the mocks was a 5 (Physics ugh) and highest were a couple of sevens . Hoping to start tomorrow and have made a revision timetable that has all my exams on, but i have been saying that I'll start revising since last august so...
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx revision timetable.xlsx (13.7 KB, 13 views)

ReputationRep:
    As a year 12, my advice would to be to only start at easter- a few people burnout by going too hard too early ( and I think most people do by the end), for example I went from finding it hard to relax few days before first exam as felt could work to deciding to give myself day off before last exam . I personally did an hour or so pre- easter cos I had History early.
    Other than that just find what works for u in easter- with any luck school will start doing revision too before study leave.
    Personally my plan was to finish notes for any exam I had about 2/3 weeks before then do practice questions.

https://www.codexrecludo.com/shakespeare/ is a life saver for english

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I only study on Sundays LOL which isn't good I know, but I've realised that I work a lot better when I'm under pressure(For example, knowing that I have mocks coming up).
    Also I'm generally not that motivated during the week, I'm slowly changing that, but anyone got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)
    Thank god.

I want to get my notes done by the end of this month so I can do past paper questions in April, but clearly that probably isn't going to happen ;cc
    Name:  large.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  46.3 KB
    If you hand write your notes (like me) try printing resources and maybe try a faster but still effective note-taking technique? I've been using the Cornell Method and mindmaps

Good Luck!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.