The Student Room Group

I sometimes check on my boyfriend's ex

This is my first relationship and I sometimes find myself thinking about my boyfriend's ex; I think that's caused by the fact that I've actually seen her Facebook profile back in the days my boyfriend and I were just friends. What I mean is if I didn't know who she was or what she looked like, I probably wouldn't think about her at all. I don't know much about her, my boyfriend says what's in the past is in the past, and, well, I don't think I would be comfortable listening to him talking about his ex girlfriend.

Still, why do I keep searching her profile to see what she's been posting? Lol, is this normal? It's probably a mix of curiosity and jealousy, I guess. Did this happen to anybody else? How can I get rid of this habit?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
This is my first relationship and I sometimes find myself thinking about my boyfriend's ex; I think that's caused by the fact that I've actually seen her Facebook profile back in the days my boyfriend and I were just friends. What I mean is if I didn't know who she was or what she looked like, I probably wouldn't think about her at all. I don't know much about her, my boyfriend says what's in the past is in the past, and, well, I don't think I would be comfortable listening to him talking about his ex girlfriend.

Still, why do I keep searching her profile to see what she's been posting? Lol, is this normal? It's probably a mix of curiosity and jealousy, I guess. Did this happen to anybody else? How can I get rid of this habit?

I’d say it’s normal but it’s a habit you have got to stop because you’ll wind not only yourself up by looking at her profiles but also you could possibly damage your current relationship if he finds out.
It’s not an attractive trait in a girl to seek out another girl or ex’s profile for the sake of stalking (whether you care about them or not). You risk having a potential argument with your partner and having them become secretive. Like I said, it’s normal. I’ve done it. But it does she an element of distrust or even jealousy, whether it’s there or not.
Reply 2
Just sounds like normalish comparative behaviour - however you need to realise that what was in the past is in the past and that their relationship didn't work out for a reason,He is with you now and as long as you are both happy you just need to stop worrying about what came before.
To be honest I think it's normal- but then again I'm a bit crazy lol. I think it is a normal thing for us girls to feel insecure that our partners might think about their ex's or go back to them x
I'm awful I still check a couple of my ex boyfriends exes (and current gfs). It becomes a weird habit and unfortunately I don't know how to stop either haha. For one of my exes, I never actually asked details about his previous relationships or girls he recently slept with. Well I knew about them, but not their names or how he knew them. Was great because I never felt the need to compare myself to anyone. Although now we've broken up and I've seen him close with a few girls from fb and instagram, you bet I've been stalking them.
It's so bad.
Maybe you could block her so you can't even see her profile if you tried?
Reply 5
Block
I think most people do I woudln't worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending