Britain's best major city?

London 50%
Birmingham 13%
Manchester 17%
Leeds 8%
Liverpool 5%
Glasgow8%
Total votes: 133
Just want to know what people consider to be Britain's best city as everyone seems to have completely different opinions.

Scroll to see replies

I have to be biased toward London :biggrin:
Manchester for me - it has everything london has but in a far smaller area. And the people are so much friendlier. Plus Manchester is home to probably the greatest music scene worldwide for pop/rock/indie music. Plus amazing nightlife.
I don't live in a city, but a town. Away from all that bustle and hustle,
as well as more green space!

:u:
Reply 4
Original post by iBMRjS
Manchester for me - it has everything london has but in a far smaller area. And the people are so much friendlier. Plus Manchester is home to probably the greatest music scene worldwide for pop/rock/indie music. Plus amazing nightlife.

Manchester is the only city on this poll I haven't been too, but hopefully one day I will get to experience it.
Why's Liverpool on there? lol
Original post by Alexty28
Manchester is the only city on this poll I haven't been too, but hopefully one day I will get to experience it.

Manchester is a great city, so much going on and such a strong aura to the place, definitely visit one day!
Gotta be Bristol for me, such a great character of a city and also easy to get to cornwall for the surfing!
Where's Norwich?????
Reply 9
Original post by ElAshtonio
Where's Norwich?????

Not sure if you're being serious :biggrin:
London obviously.
Not sure if you're being serious :biggrin:

Deadly serious, my dude....

I'M PROUD TO BE NORFOLKWEGIAN!!!
Original post by markovchain17

Why not?
Reply 13
Original post by markovchain17

Liverpool is a pretty big city, just behind Manchester in terms of population.
Gotta be London, the powerhouse of the UK- Westminster, jobs, housing, wages, nightlife, culture, people; all top notch. Every other city is a big turd compared to London
Original post by SherlockD
Gotta be London, the powerhouse of the UK- Westminster, jobs, housing, wages, nightlife, culture, people; all top notch. Every other city is a big turd compared to London

Full of Londoners though.
Liverpool is a pretty big city, just behind Manchester in terms of population.

Original post by Wilfred Little
Why not?

Didn't realise it was that big tbh. I would've thought something like Bristol or Newcastle in its spot

Posted from TSR Mobile
I’ve lived in London my whole life and I definitely find it better than other cities in the UK I’ve visited. I think there’s no comparisonπŸ™ƒ I’d say Manchester second though I liked it.
Reply 18
Gleaga

Quick Reply

Latest