Turn on thread page Beta

URGENT- GCSE options- Triple or Double Science watch

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you'd like to do, really.
    If you want to go into a medical field, or do Science A Levels, then take Triple Science. Although, Double Science doesn't hamper your chances of doing Science A Levels and getting into a medical field either.
    I'd recommend taking Triple Science if you feel comfortable and capable with Science as a whole and the workload it will bring, as Double Science only teaches about 70% of what Triple Science teaches.

ReputationRep:
    If you are planning on doing sciences for A Level and even further on, it's highly recommended (but not necessary). If not then no point, as Triple Science is obviously harder than double.

ReputationRep:
    Right now i'm in yr 11 and i regret not taking triple science because when i was yr 9 i hated science but now i want to go into a science field later in life and science a levels.by doing triple it gives you an advantage and makes you more prepared.I would recommend taking triple science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal_01)
    Right now i'm in yr 11 and i regret not taking triple science because when i was yr 9 i hated science but now i want to go into a science field later in life and science a levels.by doing triple it gives you an advantage and makes you more prepared.I would recommend taking triple science
    Thank you. So it gives you the upper hand when doing a-levels and you're more prepared, so does that mean if you do double you're gonna struggle a lot as you may not understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexty28)
    If you are planning on doing sciences for A Level and even further on, it's highly recommended (but not necessary). If not then no point, as Triple Science is obviously harder than double.
    Yes I'm planning to do science for my A-levels only Biology and Chemistry not physics, doing math.
    As you said it's highly recommended, but if you don't, does it affect you a lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EducationIsUhhhh)
    Thank you. So it gives you the upper hand when doing a-levels and you're more prepared, so does that mean if you do double you're gonna struggle a lot as you may not understand?
    Can't see the OP, but there isn't really any reason not to take triple science if you have a particular interest in science and it doesn't clash with other subjects.

Anything you missed in triple will be covered in A-level. The only science I do is physics - and I'd say people who did double could cope just fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theggbydealy)
    It depends on what you'd like to do, really.
    If you want to go into a medical field, or do Science A Levels, then take Triple Science. Although, Double Science doesn't hamper your chances of doing Science A Levels and getting into a medical field either.
    I'd recommend taking Triple Science if you feel comfortable and capable with Science as a whole and the workload it will bring, as Double Science only teaches about 70% of what Triple Science teaches.
    Thank you for the great advice, that helps!
    I feel more on double science though for someone wanting to become a doctor.
    Just to ask does double science lower your chances on your entry to uni, cause apparently it does, and it's scaring me a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm planning to do science for my A-levels only Biology and Chemistry not physics, doing math.
    As you said it's highly recommended, but if you don't, does it affect you a lot?
    Not really, but if you are interested in Science I don't see why you wouldn't do triple. Also if you are planning on studying medicine or science at uni it could help little bit, GCSEs aren't really important for Uni entry but it could be a deciding factor if you are planning on taking a highly competitive course (trust me always think head, you don't want to get to the application process and realize you screwed up somewhere). But as you are planning on doing Bio, Chem and Maths for A Level I really think you should be doing triple science.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the great advice, that helps!
    I feel more on double science though for someone wanting to become a doctor.
    Just to ask does double science lower your chances on your entry to uni, cause apparently it does, and it's scaring me a bit.
    No, it doesn't lower your chances.
    I'd suggest triple science if you do want to become a doctor, but if you feel more on double science, don't worry. For someone also wanting to go into the medical field like you, I'm doing double science and it hasn't impacted my chances of picking Science A Levels at all. And it is A Levels that you should really be focusing on, as that is what universities look for.
    Triple Science just allows you to learn a bit more in depth, that's all. However, as Alexty28 said, if you are doing Biology, Chemistry & Maths for A Level then I do really recommend Triple Science, because these are all A Levels where that extra bit of Science knowledge will help you.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much, i heard the jump from gcses to a level science is more bigger if u double

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.