Muslim girls accommodations at uni of leeds?

Watch
aciel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey Im doing a foundation year at uni of Leeds this September and I'm curious to know where most of you ( Muslim) girls will live? I have an extremely strict father and he's very much against the idea of having a mixed accommodation or male flatmates so i would like to know where you guys will be living this September
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
aimabegum00
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi im hoping to live at the tannery studying radiography 1st year
Blues Clues
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aciel)
Hey Im doing a foundation year at uni of Leeds this September and I'm curious to know where most of you ( Muslim) girls will live?
Not a girl, but many of my (female) friends lived in all-girls flats (and one friend lived in an all-guys flat) last year because someone in the flat had checked the "I'd prefer to live in single-sex accommodation" box somewhere. Those friends were in Leodis but I'd heard about other people living in single-sex flats in other places too. Lyddon for example had all-guys or all-girls on each floor as standard. Not everyone in the flat had wanted to be in a single-sex flat but actually it didn't really impede making friends of the opposite sex (case in point!) - and anyway lots of people never get too close to their flatmates after all.

Obviously the opposite sex will be in public areas (stairwells etc) but not in the flats themselves - which honestly was surprisingly convenient for me because I could just walk into the kitchen at 2am in just shorts if it was too hot to wear a t-shirt and just wanted some crisps!

Don't forget you can always call the accommodations and ask for more specific info - it won't be anything they won't have heard before. If your dad wants you to be in a building with all-girls it might be a bit difficult though - most of them are kind of set up like normal blocks of flats though so everywhere that isn't your flat (shared kitchen or maybe bathroom, then rooms) is public so there shouldn't be any issue
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads