username3484582
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys
Idk I just need a bit of advice, in all honesty my life is just really lacking value right now; I’m about 7 weeks from my GCSE’s and I’ve just finished another set of mocks and the results are looking like the equivalent of about 6/7 A*’s and 1 A and we won’t discuss English lmao (2 9’s, 4/5 8’s, and *English*). I know they’re okay grades, but thing is I literally would love to get into dentistry - and there’s so much self pressure to get those straight A*’s and I feel so much pressure from my self, it’s literally destroying me. I mean emotionally I’d like to think I’m pretty strong but I’ve just been struggling to leave my bed because I just don’t feel capable enough anymore. This pressure is all the more amplified by the fact I go to a Grammar school and quite a few people I know are just picking up incredible grades - I feel so so **** and I can’t deal with it anymore, I’m at breaking point and I wish I wasn’t just saying that figuratively. I don’t think I can go on anymore - my dreams feel out of touch and it might be because I’m not really feeling like myself anymore, more so a machine, any advice?
Vanilla Twilight
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Believe me when I say that most, if not all Year 11s feel this way at this time of year - even the ones that seem like they're completely on top of everything. These are your first major external exams so it's natural to feel like this. I fell into a serious depressive phase during my GCSEs too and it was absolute torture but sometimes you just have to push yourself through it. Just think you'll have plenty of time to recover during your long summer break. I know that's pretty bad advice but the truth is that these exams are important so you can't let your depression get in the way. Try and find some coping mechanisms, keeping up with sport or writing it all down in a journal. Self care doesn't take a break during exam season.

Try to refresh your mind this upcoming Easter and don't burn yourself out too much. I wish you all the best with your exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads