The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

City life like in comparison to Sheffield?

What's the city atmosphere like in terms of social & night and more versus Sheffield's?
Reply 1
In which city? Birmingham? Manchester?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Literally every other city is better.

I'm from Sheffield.
Original post by MikeyA
In which city? Birmingham? Manchester?
Cardiff for comparison
Original post by AryanGh
Literally every other city is better.I'm from Sheffield.
Why do you say that?
Reply 5
Are you already from Sheffield and looking to compare it with Cardiff?
Original post by blawan
Are you already from Sheffield and looking to compare it with Cardiff?
Wow haha I've just realised how awfully I wrote my original question.I've visited Cardiff + Sheffield open days and thats it (both times it snowed), enjoyed both unis, just not sure about the city life usually at either city bc of unusual weather when visiting. I'm from York
Reply 7
Original post by idfk_alex
Wow haha I've just realised how awfully I wrote my original question.I've visited Cardiff + Sheffield open days and thats it (both times it snowed), enjoyed both unis, just not sure about the city life usually at either city bc of unusual weather when visiting. I'm from York

The student nights in Sheffield are always popular (sell out pretty much every time) and actually really quite good. In terms of regular clubs (r&b, hip hop, indie, pop) they're pretty average and it's not as booming as other cities. With regards to techno, disco, grime, electronic, house, dnb, jungle etc. the clubs are really good. You get decent DJs/acts but the venues aren't huge so it's kind of better in a way.
The actual main city centre isn't that big and the shopping is pretty poor imo but Meadowhall is nearby. Can find lots of good restaurants and bars throughout the city though.
In general the city is nice (incl Broomhill, Ecclesall etc.) and everything is in walking distance but you will probably outgrow it after a few years. I did grow up in a bigger city though.

Can’t speak for Cardiff unfortunately.
Reply 8
I live in Cardiff and it is a very compact City with plenty of pubs and clubs catering to all age groups and tastes. Lots of hens and stag dos come here plus when the rugby internationals and football internationals are on there is a very international feel. It is quite a safe place too.

Never been to Sheffield so can't really compare.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending