shkreli
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
basically if anyone want to chill and revise by asking each other Qs on Biology

for each answer you give on this thread you must also give a question

I'll go first:

what is the name of the enzyme involved in converting O2 to H2O in the final stage of ETC?

ps: this'll work better without using books - don't worry about making a mistake- it's only when you make it will you know the right answer
Katiemick8
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
NADH?

What is a photosystem made of?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
shkreli
Rep:
?
(Original post by Katiemick8)
NADH?

What is a photosystem made of?
not exactly
NADH is not an enzyme- it's the reduced form of NAD (Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) which is a coenzyme https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicoti...e_dinucleotide
The correct answer is cytochrome oxidase

As for your question:
I think a photosystem is formed of an antenna complex which is made of a cluster of photopigments ( chlorophyll a(which is the primary pigment and is situated at the base of the antenna complex in a region called the reaction centre)and other accessory pigments)

Now my question is:
what is transcription? and describe the process of transcription
Grizzelex
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by shkreli)
not exactly
NADH is not an enzyme- it's the reduced form of NAD (Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) which is a coenzyme https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicoti...e_dinucleotide
The correct answer is cytochrome oxidase

As for your question:
I think a photosystem is made of a cluster of photopigments ( chlorophyll (which is the primary pigment)and other accessory pigments)

Now my question is:
what is transcription? and describe the process of transcription
Transcription is the process in which a mRNA molecule is made from a single strand of DNA (template) for protein synthesis. It's the first stage in the central dogma.
Not at A2 yet, but here goes...
Outline the process of cellular respiration.
shkreli
Rep:
?
(Original post by Grizzelex)
Transcription is the process in which a mRNA molecule is made from a single strand of DNA (template) for protein synthesis. It's the first stage in the central dogma.
Not at A2 yet, but here goes...
Outline the process of cellular respiration.
cellular respiration involves 4 stages:
Glycolysis-which involves the splitting of Glucose into 2 (3C) Pyruvate molecules and the net production of 2 ATP molecules and 2 NADH molecules
The Link Reaction-which involves the conversion of a Pyruvate to Acetyl CoA and the production of CO2 and NADH
The Krebs Cycle-which involves the feeding of the acetyl CoA into a cycle of redox reactions to produce FADH2 and CO2 and even more NADH
The Electron Transport Chain-where the use of electrons from NADH produced in Krebs Cycle, Link Reaction and Glycolysis to synthesize ATP in a series of redox reactions- with H2O being produced as a waste product

my question fo you guys:
describe the process by which the eye controls the amount of light entering it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
8.12%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.71%