The Student Room Group

RS

Hey
Can someone list a few key ideas and quote on secular views for and against crime.
I do GCSE R.S and I need a few reasons for and against crime. I would appreciate it if you could also give me some Christian & Jewish, views and quotes, for and against crime.

Thx
Vee
secular views for crime - distribution of wealth is uneven/people steal because they cannot afford essentials
secular views against - it is still morally wrong, and you do not need religion to have humane values

Christian views for crime - punishing those who go against God maybe? so the death penalty maybe? stealing to help the poor could be seen as the right thing to do and 'god-like'
Christian views against- thy shalt not steal (10 commandments condemn theft) bible and Jesus also have condemned other crimes

I dont know about Jewish views, bar the 10 commandments and similar to Christianity :smile:
Reply 2
you could say that jesus said ''give to ceasar's what is ceasar's and give to god what is god's'',so not abiding by the law is like going against jesus

Quick Reply

Latest