AQA GCSE Drama Dramatic Aims and Intentions Watch

elshooper01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Not entirely sure what I have to do for the dramatic aims and intentions of component 2. We've been given barely any help and I can't find anything of use on the AQA website. Has anyone already done it and have a good outline or something like that?
charlie.the.mess
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it seems most drama students have said similar things. my teacher is the same. i have no idea what to write. i see that you wrote this in March. does that mean you have already done your GCSEs? if so, how did it go, and did you ever learn how to write dramatic aims and intentions? have you got any advice for me?
srishti_0407
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Section 1 – Maximum of 800 wordsInspiration and IntentionsIn this section you MUST include evidence of:•Your response to the inspirational sources presented to you•Ideas, themes and settings you have considered for your devised piece•Research into these ideas, themes and settings •Clear dramatic aims and intentions •Clear dramatic aims and intentions of the piece as a wholeUse this structure to help you:Initial Response:•Say what your initial response to your stimulus (your story) was.oWhat did it make you think? What were your concerns? What were you excited about ?Practitioner: •State who it is and a bit of concise research about him . (not him personally but his style! Give Key Theories)Themes and Settings:•What themes have you considered and what have you decided? Why?•What settings have you considered? Why? How is this suitable for your practitioner? Ideas:•Give at least TWO specific scene ideas that you COULD develop – how are these suitable for your piece/practitioner?•Give some specific ideas for character(s) you play. How are these suitable for your piece/practitioner?Aims:•What is your aim for the piece?•their own dramatic aims and intentionsthe dramatic aims and intentions of the piece as a whole.Key points:1.State what your theme/style is. (ie: Grimm’s Fairy tale in the style of Steven Berkoff) 2.Identify your stimulus and a bit about your practitioner3.Identify what themes have come up because of these sources 4.Identify what ideas have come from this sources (ie: use of physical theatre to create a bird, etc…). Justify in terms of style (Total Theatre and Berkoff)5.Identify possible settings6.Identify research into these themes, settings and ideas… this can be some of the stuff you did in the workshops but you should also include further research into Berkoff, getting the action points of your story, ideas and settings that you are going to explore. 7.Identify what your dramatic aims and intentions are for scenes. What do you want your audience to think/feel/understand?8.Identify what your dramatic aims and intentions for the piece as a whole are. 9.Use specific terminology! (ie: direct address, states of tension, exaggeration, stylistic, Alienation, 4ps and 1 t etc…This is what my drama teacher sent us and it really helped to get an initial idea of what to write about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (15)
68.18%
No (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads