Riag333
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm having a hard time choosing between PE and RS for GCSE. I'm already taking compulsory Pe, Rs, English, triple sciences and maths. I've chosen Spanish, History and Geography and we get to choose one more.

I love doing sports but only certain sports and not necessarily at school, also I'm not particularly great at them. I get B's. If I did pick it, I would pick Dance, Tennis and Hockey for my 3 sports. I know most of the Pe GCSE is theory and I'm not sure I'll enjoy the theory or not. I would like a break between all my subjects though.
For RS, I love looking at issues and learning about topics in ethics however I feel like I'll have too many subjects with a lot of essay writing if i pick RS. Also i've read Rs Gcse is a lot of content.

I know Gcse is about enjoying your subjects more than the grade and etcetera however I want to choose an option that I can get a good grade on easier than the other as I like PE and Rs the same. Which subject will be the easiest to achieve a good grade in and which one is the best choice?
Letitiajadax
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I currently take pe gcse and took my rms gcse in year 10.i would say go with your gut instinct because with pe you do have to take into accountability then sports which your class do since you would have to 1.Chose a sport on the spec 2.chose a sport all of the class enjoys.But pe comes with coursework aswell ( on AQA ) its really easy and im doing my coursework on dance atm).Tests are rather hard since you may know the topic content but its always sports related so its hard 2 prepare in advanced. Rms however .... there is lots of content but it can be easily memorised and revised. I was predicted B’s and came out with a A* just by cue cards and posters.
Riag333
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Letitiajadax)
I currently take pe gcse and took my rms gcse in year 10.i would say go with your gut instinct because with pe you do have to take into accountability then sports which your class do since you would have to 1.Chose a sport on the spec 2.chose a sport all of the class enjoys.But pe comes with coursework aswell ( on AQA ) its really easy and im doing my coursework on dance atm).Tests are rather hard since you may know the topic content but its always sports related so its hard 2 prepare in advanced. Rms however .... there is lots of content but it can be easily memorised and revised. I was predicted B’s and came out with a A* just by cue cards and posters.
Thank you so much for you help I ended up picking Rs (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads