Blind light54
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What are the best ways to prepare for GCSEs I have all the revision booklets for my subjects but it won't seem to stick thanks
Katiemick8
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hi, this is the main method i use for alevels and used for gcse.

Break the section down into bits (use the revision guides for guidance) e.g enzymes, cell structure, fractions etc
With each section, write down all the information you dont know/cant always remember on a piece of paper
Then try and write down as much as you can from memory straight afterwards, an hour afterwards and a day afterwards.
The stuff youve written by remembering is the stuff you can cross off the original sheet.
Keep repeating this until you can cross of more and more of the information on the original sheet because its in your memory.
Thats the main technique i used for as levels when i realised i didnt know anything and i got a B in the subject i knew nothing about in under a week 😂

Apart from that:

Dont make mindmaps pretty, make them and then chuck them and make them again.

Always revisit topics even if you have studied it and remembered the information previously - aim to recap each section every 2 weeks.

Do practice exam papers, these are so valuable

For stuff like English and history, read examiners reports to understand how to answer each question

In general, dont worry. I though gcses were the most important things in the world, but as long as you get a pass in english and maths, you have the world at your feet. Even if you dont, you get chances to retake and some HE courses let you on anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (47)
26.4%
As I expected (59)
33.15%
Harder (64)
35.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.49%

Watched Threads