The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

do your teachers tell you whats going to be on the general conversion, roleplay and photocard?
Original post by Shabby33
is there a thread like this but for Spanish?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5237102#primary_content

check this thread, i don't think there is one though.
Original post by Gent2324
do your teachers tell you whats going to be on the general conversion, roleplay and photocard?

roleplay and photocard you should be given in prep time, general conversation you won't know beforehand.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
roleplay and photocard you should be given in prep time, general conversation you won't know beforehand.

so for the general conversation what do you learn?
so for the general conversation what do you learn?

questions and answers- most school usually give you booklets that you complete and learn, though i presume you haven't been given these?:s-smilie:
questions and answers- most school usually give you booklets that you complete and learn, though i presume you haven't been given these?:s-smilie:

yea i have a booklet of questions, but are you told which specific questions it will be in that booklet?
yea i have a booklet of questions, but are you told which specific questions it will be in that booklet?

no, you're expected to be prepared for all the questions. some of them you can wing it if you know the vocab well.
Original post by agk112
aaaaahhhh i have my french oral on tuesday!! anyone got any tips for revision on the day and how to calm yourself down right before the test?

Give yourself 2 minutes at the end of the preparation time to just take deep breaths and relax. For the General Conversation, memorize a question to do with your chosen topic before the exam so you don't have to think of one on the spot.

Honestly, I had mine last week and it was not as difficult as I expected. I was more stressed during the prep time lol. When my GC had finished, I was waiting for another question but it was finished; I was actually surprised when my teacher said it was over haha :smile:

Good luck :smile:
Original post by cansugxo
my french speaking exam is on wednesday 16th of april!! I'm so nervous but in my mock i got a grade 8 so that makes me feel a lot better

how did it gooooo:h:d
My French speaking is on the 8th May so in 8 days. I'm doing foundation though, anyone else on here doing foundation?
Please use the newly updated forum on all things french exam at
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5335256

Thank you
had my speaking exam today! went alright but i was a bit shaky- hope anyone who did theirs found it okay!
Reply 72
had my speaking exam today! went alright but i was a bit shaky- hope anyone who did theirs found it okay!

well done!! mine is tomorrow aaah
Well done to everyone who has done their speaking. One down, three more to go.

Good luck to those who still need to do their speaking!

I was last on Thursday and honestly I was more nervous before the exam than in the actual exam itself. It went alright in the end though and I’m just relieved to be done with the ordeal.
Original post by agk112
well done!! mine is tomorrow aaah

hiya, how did yours go?:smile:

Original post by apostasies
Well done to everyone who has done their speaking. One down, three more to go.

Good luck to those who still need to do their speaking!

I was last on Thursday and honestly I was more nervous before the exam than in the actual exam itself. It went alright in the end though and I’m just relieved to be done with the ordeal.

glad to hear it went well:smile: did you find any area particularly hard?
glad to hear it went well:smile: did you find any area particularly hard?

I was so glad to have completed it!

I didn’t find any area *too* hard except the unexpected question in the picture-based discussion/photocard.
Original post by apostasies
I was so glad to have completed it!

I didn’t find any area *too* hard except the unexpected question in the picture-based discussion/photocard.

that's good to hear:smile: at least that's 25% of the gcse done:yep:
that's good to hear:smile: at least that's 25% of the gcse done:yep:

Yep. :smile:

It’s also great that we complete all of the French exams within a week.
Did anyone do the specimen set 2 paper for their listening mock? i perosnally found it really hard.
Original post by elephant3
Did anyone do the specimen set 2 paper for their listening mock? i perosnally found it really hard.

i think all the listening papers were difficult! i did a set 2 paper for listening and i only got 20/50

Latest

Trending

Trending