The Student Room Group

Transferring firms halfway through ACA training contract?

Has anyone ever left their ACA contract before the 3 year period? Is it frowned upon?

I am just over 2 months into my current firm but I am not liking the vibe of this office. There is very little work and I feel like I have no proper support. Also living costs are pretty high and I feel quite lonely.

Anyway, so I went to assessment centre for another firm. Although I haven't heard back from them yet, I was just wondering is it going to affect my reputation. Will I be labelled as a betrayer? I am so worried what I am going to say because currently I am the only junior in my existing office. And if I leave, they will have no junior basically. Tbh, they haven't even scheduled me much client work anyway.... but thats a story for another day.

If there is anyone who has ceased their contract early and transferred to another audit firm, please share your experience.
Original post by walkers38
Has anyone ever left their ACA contract before the 3 year period? Is it frowned upon?

I am just over 2 months into my current firm but I am not liking the vibe of this office. There is very little work and I feel like I have no proper support. Also living costs are pretty high and I feel quite lonely.

Anyway, so I went to assessment centre for another firm. Although I haven't heard back from them yet, I was just wondering is it going to affect my reputation. Will I be labelled as a betrayer? I am so worried what I am going to say because currently I am the only junior in my existing office. And if I leave, they will have no junior basically. Tbh, they haven't even scheduled me much client work anyway.... but thats a story for another day.

If there is anyone who has ceased their contract early and transferred to another audit firm, please share your experience.

You should check up with the ACA and the training regulations. I believe possible, wouldnt worry about the betray, but pain in the bum for training regulations if you have to do things like change training principal.. I would think its more common than law because you have lots of part qualifieds. If they offer you the job then you can ask I think you would be ok if they want you... Just resign from the other place and make note of any contractual implications.
Reply 2
Maybe wait for 1-2 month more and see how thing goes?
Here, I'm going to start the ACA course in 2 weeks, and yet didn't get a training employer :frown:
If you are going to change make sure you get your training file updated and signed off before giving your notice, you don’t want to have to redo the PWE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending