Turn on thread page Beta

Am I unhappy ? watch

Announcements

I’m 22 and this is my first relationship. It has lasted 2 years with a 2 month break due to common relationship issues. Anyways my friend said to me I look unhappy , she didn’t really like the way he treated me before but she’s gotten over it. She’s more like my older sis than friend I’ve know her since birth. Whenever me and my boyfriend get in a big argument I always end up in tears , is that normal? Anyways my boyfriend said to me ‘you can’t honestly tell me your happy’ and said he knows I’m unhappy. I don’t know if I am or not.

Am I unhappy or isit just during arguments I’m unhappy? Please can I have help into sorting my own emotion out. Because at this point I don’t even know what I feel and it’s scaring me to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Leave him!!!! He's cheating on you!!! Ive had it done to me 6 times!!! From girl to girl, kick that to the curb girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHLO.1)
    Leave him!!!! He's cheating on you!!! Ive had it done to me 6 times!!! From girl to girl, kick that to the curb girl
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’m 22 and this is my first relationship. It has lasted 2 years with a 2 month break due to common relationship issues. Anyways my friend said to me I look unhappy , she didn’t really like the way he treated me before but she’s gotten over it. She’s more like my older sis than friend I’ve know her since birth. Whenever me and my boyfriend get in a big argument I always end up in tears , is that normal? Anyways my boyfriend said to me ‘you can’t honestly tell me your happy’ and said he knows I’m unhappy. I don’t know if I am or not.

Am I unhappy or isit just during arguments I’m unhappy? Please can I have help into sorting my own emotion out. Because at this point I don’t even know what I feel and it’s scaring me to be honest.
    Can I ask what the cause of arguments has been? If it’s little things then they shouldn’t get to you as much and it might be something deeper such as mental health issues which need attention rather than the relationship. If it’s larger things which you can’t see yourself coping with in the future, then it might be time to end things.

I really do know where you’re coming from as I am 21 and also in my first relationship. Me and my boyfriend don’t argue; we both avoid it as we are fairly stubborn and will tend to walk into different rooms and then talk it over later, but we still disagree on some things and I have often asked myself if it’s worth continuing. However just an hour later I’ll be so grateful for having him and won’t be able to imagine life without him.

I think the bottom line is that every relationship has its issues and it is only you who can determine whether it’s enough to end it or not. You need to consider whether you can cope with the same arguments coming up time and time again in the future. You also need to consider whether either of you is the cause of the arguments; it might be you and not your boyfriend.

If you can, perhaps sit down and discuss what you have come across with family or a friend and ask their opinion as they will know you and your boyfriend better and be able to judge how serious the situation is.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    yes

(Original post by Anonymous)

Without context it's very difficult to offer any useable advice. May I suggest that you give yourself a break and read your post again. Arguments crop up in and out of relationships and to an extent that is human nature but what you seem to be describing is different. It does appear that your current relationship is 'toxic' and you certainly appear to be unhappy. That will affect your studies and your mental / emotional wellbeing.
    You need to do what is good for you and you alone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.