Turn on thread page Beta

UCAS Application promblem watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey guys can i make a new ucas application again. i have already received my offers from all the universities i applied to. But i kinda feel like to change universities i applied to cause i feel like i dont meet my entry requirements.. so

can i make a new application from scratch and apply to different universities rather than the old ones...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by koushik888)
    hey guys can i make a new ucas application again. i have already received my offers from all the universities i applied to. But i kinda feel like to change universities i applied to cause i feel like i dont meet my entry requirements.. so

can i make a new application from scratch and apply to different universities rather than the old ones...
    You have a few options. You can reject all your offers and apply through clearing, you can wait till results day and if you don't have your offers and cannot get into one of your current unis you can go through clearing or you can cancel your application and apply again for 2019 entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    You have a few options. You can reject all your offers and apply through clearing, you can wait till results day and if you don't have your offers and cannot get into one of your current unis you can go through clearing or you can cancel your application and apply again for 2019 entry.
    Cant i cancel my application now ?? and reapply again..

can i directly go through the university website and apply through there?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Cant i cancel my application now ?? and reapply again..

can i directly go through the university website and apply through there?
    If you're applying for an undergrad degree you have to apply through UCAS. Cancelling your application means losing your application fee. You will still only have access to uni places available through clearing so why not just go through clearing for your current application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    If you're applying for an undergrad degree you have to apply through UCAS. Cancelling your application means losing your application fee. You will still only have access to uni places available through clearing so why not just go through clearing for your current application?
    Im an international student and i need scholarship. the present universities i applied have a low chance of giving me scholarship.... so im just wondering if there is any other way ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Im an international student and i need scholarship. the present universities i applied have a low chance of giving me scholarship.... so im just wondering if there is any other way ?
    Unfortunately funding is very tight for international students so make sure you do your research properly. Look for things at uni or dept level and also from your home country. There will also be a limited number of places available at this stage through clearing. If I were you I would withdraw completely and apply again next year with a clear funding plan.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.